Boarding Ladders for Divers

Lake Diver

Cadet
Just bought a boat (my first), which I plan on modifying next spring to make it a real dive boat. Anyone have any experience with the "Christmas tree" boarding ladders, the ones which are removed and stowed while underway? Also, I've been looking at secondary/emergency boarding ladders, particularly the folding type that hang from the side of the boat on a rope. I'm a drysuit diver and have found the standard swim ladders on boats pretty inadequate for a returning diver. Not interested in swim steps/platforms, just need to get up to the splashwell with my overweight bod and gear! :D I'd greatly appreciate any comments, experiences, or suggestions from anyone who's used ladders.

Diverherb

Recruit
Re: Boarding Ladders for Divers

I installed one on my boat last year and it is the best ladder I have ever had. The best thing about this ladder is it is not hanging off the stern of the boat all the time. Mine came with a storage bracket when not in use. Just remember to remove from stern before pulling anchor. Friend did this and really tore a chunk out of his transom.