Getting started

magster65

Commander
We are trying to set up a day charter service, something my father was fairly succesful at for a few years. He's the fisherman so he ran the business as a fishing charter but half of his customers just wanted to go for a boat ride and that's what I'm looking to do. The scenery is awesome in amongst the gulf islands. My homepage is a test for a future web site, I'm just learning how to use webspace. Check it out, feedback very welcome. Goto http://members.shaw.ca/powerman/ or click the link on the top of this message. Thanks

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Getting started

Getting close to SPAM territory, Magster. Careful.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

magster65

Commander

Thanks :) I'm actually more interested in what anyone thinks about the page look/layout than advertising. It's only a homepage still... one day (soon I hope) I'll have it 'hosted'. What does SPAM stand for anyways?

cpasseno03

Petty Officer 1st Class

hey, nice site! And I love the boat. I think you really made the right choice with that one. She looks like a pretty sturdy no-nonsense well built peice. You know, the kind you can't find anymore! I hope it works out for ya, been thinking about running a dive charter in the straits here... well, dive/fish/sightseeing/towing as long as it pays! But I am still quite skeptical about it. Either way, keep up the good work and congradulations on the boat, I like it!<br />Craig

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

magster: I dont know what your cost of a hosted site would be but seems to me your money would be better spent on some nice brocheres to hand out to the tourist info places and marinas and bait shops etc.<br /><br />Every charter i have taken i usally went to the docks and these types of places to find the Boats.<br /><br />That is assuming you are going to start this venture with limited capital outlay to test the waters.<br /><br />Also why advertise 2 hours why not advertise what highlits and area is seen on the $275 package. Just seems to me these people are more intrested in what they would see than in seat time. Time is a pertinant factor but not your main selling point.<br /><br />GOOD LUCK

magster65

Commander

Great ideas. We are currently making up some flyers. I'm going to be out taking pictures of the scenery soon and I'll put them in there somewhere. The cost of having a site hosted is minimal and tax deductible. Thank you for your input.