***** BEST LAKES IN CALIFORNIA *****

Whaler Proud

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: ***** BEST LAKES IN CALIFORNIA *****

Ok, I'll toss in here. I have not lived in California for almost 10 years, so my picks are going by memory.<br /><br />1. Lake Naciemento. I really enjoyed camping here and having the deer and turkey walking through camp.<br />2. Lake Tahoe. What else can I say?<br />3. Lake Shasta. Another jewel.<br />4. Castaic. Bass galore.<br />5. Lake Silverwood. Striper heaven.<br />6. Lake Skinner. No jetskis, no swimming, just fishing.<br />7. Most of the Colorado River lakes.

pmueller

Petty Officer 3rd Class

It's been almost 15 years for me. Spent most of my time at Shaver Lake (good all around lake), Huntington Lake (all around, good sailing), and Florence Lake (fishing). I also spent alot of time at Millerton. Basic body of water for all arond stuff...but the scenery is nothing to write home about.

Skinnywater

Commander

Lake Tahoe is a must see. There are also three beautiful resevoiurs in the same area outside of Tahoe basin. Stampede, Boca and Prosser. I've been hammered by big Brown trout (6lb.plus)in all of them. Mostly from shore. Fallen leaf lake is another inside the Tahoe basin. Donner Lake is also uphill from Truckee. All of these lakes are high altitude, cold, clear water and are deep. <br /><br />Shasta Lake is due north of me. It's a great lake for Bass and Trout. Clear Lake is southwest of me and is famous for trophy Bass and Catfish.<br />All of these lakes are in Northern California.<br /><br />Maybe you can be more specific on what you're doing and what your looking for, and we can narrow or expand on your choices.