Lake of the Ozarks

gary80603

Recruit
We are planning a trip to the lake the last two weeks in April. Have never been there, and would like to know if this is a good time of year to go, what weather we can expect, and how fishing will be. Plan to take my boat, but have not decided on taking motor home or use local lodging. I would also appreciate any info on things to see and do, and fishing tips.

its-a-sweater

Seaman
Re: Lake of the Ozarks

GARY,<br /><br />BEEN THERE ONCE. TABLE ROCK LAKE IS REALLY NICE. I WOULD THINK THAT WEATHER IN APRIL WOULD BE REAL IFFY.<br /><br />I STAYED AT THE BASS PRO LODGE. IT WAS FIRST CLASS BUT PRICEY. CHECK OUT THE SPECIALS AT THE BASS PRO WEBSITE.

johnkc

Petty Officer 1st Class

GARY, if you are a fisherman go to table rock, the weather here in april is still too cold for rec. boating ,and the possibility of rain is very good. try the bar-m ranch resort on table rock, have been staying with them for years .both in their condos and taking the motor home. lake of the ozarks is real commercialized,water is not very clear and table rock is a lot clearer.

gary80603

Recruit

Really appreciate the replies and info, sounds like April may be a tad early, so we are going to reschedule trip for mid or end or May. I love to fish but do not have much expierence with warm water species, mostly fish for trout and makinaw in Rocky Moutains. Any tips on bass ect. would be appreciated. <br /> Thanks Again

oldev

Cadet

gary, i checked into t. r. & l. o. with some of the fishing buddies of mine .we recall hearing of a fish kill at table rock about 2years ago and ozarks has some type of large mouth bacteria disease going on.this info is a little sketchy because we live 400 miles from the ozarks ,but 4of us have heard of somthing like this .i think you should check this out with th mo. dept .of conservation.we go up to south dakota for most of our fishing

cochran351

Cadet

It is a nice lake, but go before school lets out because the summer boat traffic is the worst in Mo. Bass fishing in any of our lakes<br />is tough anymore esp. for a newcomer. There are some good Mo. fishing websites that can<br />help you. Just use your search engine. ;)