Of the three big parks in Ohio.....

JEllwanger

Seaman
I was thinking of heading to one of the big three theme parks in Ohio around the beginning of August this summer and was looking for some opinions.

Boatsrule

Seaman
Re: Of the three big parks in Ohio.....

Do you still want opinions or have you got your own now? I see this was posted back almost a year ago! :eek:

JEllwanger

Seaman

Opinions are always welcome. Never did get out last year, leaning towards Cedar Point for the historical aspect.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I live about an hour away from Cedar Point. It is a terrific place to go. Check out their website, I got to watch the progress on the building of the Millimuim Force. If you have a boat, there is alot one can do other than just visiting the park. There is Kelly's Island, Put-In-Bay, Marble Head, Port Clinton, and Cedar Point has a big Marina also. Perch and Walleye fishing is great also, and if you don't have a boat, there are ferry's that can take you to the vineyards on the Islands.<br /><br />One Park that my family went to was Kennywood Amusement Park in Pittsburg Pa. It was a real nice family oriented park. It didn't seem to have the commercial business type feeling. Just good wholesome fun. Great Coasters also. Good Luck

JEllwanger

Seaman

Great! Thanks! I do have a boat. That could make for an interesting week. I have looked at the web site, very informative. I got my first glimpse of the park on a Discovery channel show about theme parks. I'll check it out again this year.

Boatsrule

Seaman

Ditto what SS said. I spent many nights at the marina at Cedar Point back in the 70's on my grandparents Bertrum. To much fun, have been visiting ever since. The best time to arrive is about 1\2 hour before it opens so you can be at the big coasters before they get to busy. You can usually get two or three rides in before the lines start forming. :eek: