Goodyear lake, Otsego County Ny,

matt167

Captain
Not sure what town the lake launch is in, but there are 2 hand launches ( no trailer launch due to a lake association ). The oposite launch is on the other side of the lake, in Portlandville, in the river actually.

Anyone know if Motors are allowed out of the ( " Car Top " ) hand launches? I know the lake has a 45 mph speed limit, and 5mph within 200 feet of shore as per their lake association webpage.. DEC shows no motor restriction as is listed on other lakes but I want to be 100% sure. There is no lake police but I've heard the lake association does not really like outsiders. However it's a nice lake I've never been to but my family used to ski on it in the 60's

The reason I'm confused, is I for sure have a 'car top' boat since it's a 9'6" inflatable. But DEC says rowing and paddling, canoes and kayaks for both launches. Not motor boats, but not listed as a restriction on the main page..

With Otsego lake easier to get to, I don't expect too much traffic on a weekday, which is what I want with a 9'6" inflatable pool toy.. Having 3 other boats and none of them ready sucks. But I'll make lemonade I guess..

I'm going to register the boat and everything, as silly as that is, the state requires it

matt167

Captain
I asked someone from DEC today who is actually one of my customers at work. Goodyear lake is actually part of his region and 100% motors are allowed. Told me to avoid Portlandville due to shallow depth at the launch, and the lake launch due to usage, but that there is an unknown launch in the Susquhannah State Forest. That's the one that He uses. It's 5ish miles up river from the lake so about an hours worth of motoring