Travelling from Pompano Z Beach to Islamaroda with my Bowrider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling from Pompano Z Beach to Islamaroda with my Bowrider

Hi thank you for any feedback that I can get from all of the experienced boaters out there.

I've got a Regal 2200 Bowrider and I was thinking of boating to Islamarisa with my Bowrider. I would start from Pompano Beach.

Is this type of track too taxing to do in one day on a Bowrider? It's a mix of ocean side and ICW. If the weather doesn't let me do the ocean side leg of the journey then I'll add an additional 2 1/2 hours for a full ICW route...

A day would be agressive in a typical bowrider. Plan on a stop

Have updated charts

Watch the weather

Have sea tow ot boat us towing insurance

You will run aground in the ICW as the channels shift every tide.

Have both vhf and cell phones

be safe

Have fun
    Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
    1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
    2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
    1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Pretty aggressive to think you’ll average 30 mph over the length of the trip thru back waters.

Unless the channels are dredged, don’t count on maps giving accurate soundings.

Personally, I would pick a day and run outside to minimize risks.

Comment

If you plan on running the intercoastal your going to run into very crowded water ways,a ton of no wake zones and lots of heat. 3 years ago when we did the Florida loop we weren't able to run outside on the Atlantic side and it was just a miserable trip from lake Worth south, it ended up being 4 days from Stewart to Key Largo(ran with the gen on so we could use the A/C) even with the air on the no wake zones and playing dodge boats made it so we could only deal with it for 6-8 hrs a day. That's our story, it may not help but that's what we experienced
        The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun!

Comment

Working...
        X