Welcome all to the 2019 start of season in the great NE!

Expidia

Commander
But so far rain each weekend. I like to see at least 70 degrees since its always 10 degrees cooler on the water plus the wind. Hopefully splashdown in a week or two. Last year was a cold start as I think splashdown was last weekend in May. By next week there will be hundreds of small boats on the Hudson River near Albany NY as the Stripers will be running.
Im raising my glass as I’m typing this in a local pub of Chardonnay to all of you and looking forward to a great season :D

MRS

Commander
Yes hope every one has a Great season on the water:fish2:

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Yes, all the best for a good season for all. The ice boom was recently released here, always a good sign

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... I'm awhole lot less optimistic myself,... it's lookin' alot like 2017 here on Lake Ontario,......
The year of the 1000 year Flood,....

The nitwits controllin' the dam in Massena held back W aa yyy to much water again this winter,.....

The spring rains are just gettin' cranked up, 'n the water has just topped my dock this mornin',......

The Force power

Commander
Ayuh,..... I'm awhole lot less optimistic myself,... it's lookin' alot like 2017 here on Lake Ontario,......
The year of the 1000 year Flood,....

The nitwits controllin' the dam in Massena held back W aa yyy to much water again this winter,.....

The spring rains are just gettin' cranked up, 'n the water has just topped my dock this mornin',......

Hi Bondo,

where about on Lake Ontario are you? I'm in Brampton but my boat/place is in the Bruce Peninsula

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,...... At the end of the Chaumont River, where it meets Chaumont Bay, 'bout 100 yards from the state bridge,....

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... The 1000 year flood of 2017 has returned,......

My house is going under,.... dock, 'n sunroom is flooded,....

The eco-terrorists win, I guess,......

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
Sold my cuddy recently and cant wait to splash in my new Starcraft Toon with 115 Merc in the fingerlakes... fish on!!

briangcc

Commander
Ayuh,..... The 1000 year flood of 2017 has returned,......

My house is going under,.... dock, 'n sunroom is flooded,....

The eco-terrorists win, I guess,......

Been reading they're expecting the lake to rise another 11". If so, that's bad news for everyone. A lot of the marinas upstream from you are going to be under water again. Cuomo was just touring this neck of the woods stumping for US Corps of Engineers to get their act in gear to be prepared for the "new normal".

Mine's still under shrink wrap until all this rain goes away...I got a brand new cover that I have no idea how it fits yet. Ordered it through here at a discount :)

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Every time I hear about Lake Ontario (which is often, I can see it from one of our facility's), I think about Bondo - good thing he's got lots of boats (sorry, really not a laughing for ya).

Still waiting for the ice to clear the Upper Niagara, get a few more degrees goin, and get back from annual spring trip - then on the water as often as possible

Bondo

Staff member
Been reading they're expecting the lake to rise another 11".

Ayuh,...... That'll be about knee deep in the sunroom,.....

With the new 6' window of regulation, they haven't drawn down the lake in the winter, since 2015,......

If they went back to the 4' window, 'n drew down the lake in the winter, there'd be All kindsa room to store the excess water,.....

Last winter, it was a foot above normal All winter long,......

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,...... My lower house is underwater right now,.......

Trees, brush, 'n docks floatin' past my window,.....

Floods are bad, 'n I know I ain't alone, the mid-west is underwater, but here, the flooding is caused by the IJC, at the erging of the eco-terrorists "Save the River", Lee Willibanks in Clayton,....

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Yup my boss is out for striper's today in Connelly, NY right now