Trent-Severn next Summer.

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Exploring ideas for my annual "big boating trip" for 2019. I did the Rideau as part of a 17 day loop cruise this year and really liked it, and the Trent-Severn looks like a similarly great trip. The only downside is that I will not be able to do a loop, it will have to be Lake Ontario to Lake Huron and back the same way. Anyway, I would love to hear any recommendations for must-see places on the Trent-Severn. For reference, on the Rideau, we really enjoyed Westport, Perth, Merrickville and Ottawa. We expect it will take 7 days of traveling each way, excluding extended stops; this is based on the 35ish MPH cruising speed of my boat, the distances between locks, and what looks like not too much no wake zone on this route.

tpenfield

Staff member
I’m no help on the planning, but it sounds like a great trip :thumb:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Boating magazine had vid of the trent /severn waterway in trip format but right now I couldn't find the vids.They had a couple of episodes on tv about it .

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
The hydraulic and rail locks, Bobcaygeon and Fenelon Falls. We used to vacation on Sturgeon Lake years ago, took day trips from there. Have always wanted to go back

Old Ironmaker

Captain
It seems like a lifetime ago the boys and I rented a houseboat from 3 Boys I think it was. the mid 70's. We try and get up there every few years fishing. The change is astonishing. Some for the good and some I don't like, such as Golden Arches spoiling the landscape. Started with 6 of us and lost 2 somewhere along the way. We didn't get too far from Stoney Lake but we had a blast. If you fish you will be very happy. Stay away from the clip joints selling local Native made chokies made in China.