Any Present Or Past Colorado Boaters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Present Or Past Colorado Boaters?

Have already done a Thread saying how much we really miss and enjoyed, boating and fishing in Colorado, south of Denver.

Currently making plans on visiting Loveland area this summer for a week. There are some nice lakes there as well as a couple just west of Cheyenne, Wyoming and Lake Mac in Nebraska. Future plan (mid 2019) is to move back to Colorado, but this time, live on the northern end of the Front Range or possibly in Cheyenne, Wyoming. We will both be in our early 70's and retired. Unfortunately, only on SS and 401K savings, but can still make it.

Really seems that very few on this website/forum have lived and boated in those areas. Wondering why?

For us, boating in Florida isn't nearly as cool as we thought it would be. A lot of fairly shallow lakes here that we'd never put our 20' Cuddy on. When we first moved here, "here" being Jacksonville, we bought two complete saltwater fishing rigs and gear. Never used either and last year, sold and gave away all of it. Luckily we kept all of our freshwater fishing gear that we bought in Colorado.

So, anybody here done any "Front Range" boating and/or fishing?

Wonder why there is very little information, or members, from the Rocky Mountain or Plains States regions on here?

There is some mighty good boating and fishing lakes in those areas. For us, wife and I, we definitely prefer freshwater boating and fishing to saltwater or "brackish" water.

Comment

I live in the Denver area. Love to go to Lake Powell, Granby, Steamboat lake.

Comment

Moved to a better forum to discuss boating destinations
        Money spent @ Boat Restoration should be measured in Smiles & Pride SHOP IBOATS-BOAT SPECS-FORUM HELP-REPAIR/RESTO

Comment

Originally posted by LuvBoating View Post
          [LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana][SIZE=13px]
          So, anybody here done any "Front Range" boating and/or fishing?
          Not yet but planning on it!
          Why a Fiberglass Boat?...Because they are,"The more beautiful, more seaworthy, more elegant, more easier to get chicks in, nicer, more common, more socially accepted, more politically correct boats."Quote by oops!
          Tight Lines and Float, Float On!
          Notice: All links to previous photos have been kidnapped by Photobucket.
          They no longer allow 3rd party hosting unless you fork over $400
          If you need to see any photos from my thread, PM me

Comment

Originally posted by GT1000000 View Post

Not yet but planning on it!
            Yep if ya could just get back on the Bassassin !
            Having a big deep fresh water lake access would be nice . The pictures i have seen of those area's are really beautiful !
            Being born and raised in J-ville Fl I cant think of a better place that I would want to be though .. Imo saltwater fish taste way better than fresh water fish but thats just me .. I don't think I could move very far from the ocean ..
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            '64 MFG Rebuild
            MFG forum thread https://forums.iboats.com/mfg/64-edin...ay-524708.html
            https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ve-the-manatee
            https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...at-restoration

Comment

Yeah, I am planning for it.

Comment

Funny how most people in Florida, including boaters, don't even know where the Rocky Mountain or Central Plains States are or do they care.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveFleming View Post
                  Yeah, I am planning for it.
                  Where and/or when?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveFleming
                    Yeah, i am also planning for it.
                    To take photos of sea lions in Lake Powell?
                    BOAT SPECS FORUM HELP STARCRAFT FORUM SHOP iboats
                    Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
                    That is what the forums are for.
                    Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Working...
                    X