Hurricances that backtrack . .

tpenfield

Staff member
I cannot remember when there have been hurricanes that have backtracked on themselves or just hung around, like what we have seen this year with Harvey and Jose.

I'm was hoping Jose would be scooting east by now, but it looks like it is backtracing into Cape Cod. I have plans to go over to Martha's Vineyard on the boat this weekend, but the storm may still be hanging around. Today (on Cape Cod) it is actually more windy than yesterday. Buzzards Bay is not bad at this point, a lot worse on the outer islands.

As I was leaving the beach, the kite boarders were showing up to take advantage of the 25-30 mph winds. :eek:
IMG_0362.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
One thing ya can say - This ain't normal. 3 Cat 4+ storms making US landfall in less than a month. All three names will probably be retired.

Then there's Jose - the 5th longest live Atlantic hurricane on record and it's not over yet.

Don't worry about making a trip to Martha's Vineyard - The end of the world is coming on Saturday when Planet X, Nibiru or Wormwood crashes into us or comes close enough to suck away our atmosphere. Jose is a minor inconvenience. LOL

Blueghost924

Petty Officer 1st Class
For those of us that live in Virginia Beach....yeah it's been an edge of your seat year. And it's not quite over yet. Boat has been enjoying a hiatus on the trailer for a couple of weeks....

tpenfield

Staff member
We fought the weather a bit and made it over to Vineyard Haven. Really snotty coming through Woods Hole though, but Vineyard sound was about as crappy as it always is. The wind is dying down. Tomorrow is supposed to be awesome - sunny & calm :)

We figured that if we waited until next weekend hurricane Maria would be upon us.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I cannot remember when there have been hurricanes that have backtracked on themselves or just hung around, like what we have seen this year with Harvey and Jose.

I'm was hoping Jose would be scooting east by now, but it looks like it is backtracing into Cape Cod. I have plans to go over to Martha's Vineyard on the boat this weekend, but the storm may still be hanging around. Today (on Cape Cod) it is actually more windy than yesterday. Buzzards Bay is not bad at this point, a lot worse on the outer islands.

As I was leaving the beach, the kite boarders were showing up to take advantage of the 25-30 mph winds. :eek:

One here knows you folks got hammed when it rains and blows here on Erie's North shore for 5 days. Putting in an Insurance claim in southern Ontario for damage caused by a Caribbean Hurricane raises eyebrows but 100% true. We had up to 110 KPH winds here. The pic of the Ocean looks like a calm pond.