Southeast Michigan inland lakes

sew82974

Recruit
We are new boat owners and are looking for recommendations for inland lakes in southeast Michigan to take our boat out. We spend a lot of time in Northern Michigan boating on Burt and Mullet lake but haven't done any in this area. We have two kids that would be going out with us so needs to be family friendly. We like to anchor and enjoy a good sandbar, go for a cruise and tube. Have zero experience on Detroit River and Lake St. Clair. We have a Rinker Captiva 192.

Thank you!!

southkogs

Staff member
It's been a long time, but I've been on Cass Lake, Walled Lake & Wolverine Lakes. I would think Cass and Orchard lake have some sandbars, but I don't recall any on Walled or Wolverine Lakes.

:welcome:

sew82974

Recruit
Thank you so much! I didn't even think about Cass or Orchard Lake. I will do some research. We were looking at Wampler Lake in the Irish Hills as a possibility. Any experience with that lake?

southkogs

Staff member
We were looking at Wampler Lake in the Irish Hills as a possibility. Any experience with that lake?
LOL ... lived in Adrian for a while ... have never seen a drip of Wampler Lake :rolleyes: Sorry. Most of the time I spent on the water were Au Sable Lake, Lake St Claire, Lake Huron, and some smaller lakes up near West Branch.