Saguaro lake AZ

T/O

Seaman Apprentice
I am a new boat owner west of Phoenix in Avondale. I have been to lake pleasant and was looking at other lakes in the area like Saguaro lake. Does anyone know how many lanes are on the ramp and how many different ramps there are.

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Used to be a resident. I believe there are 2 or 3 at the main public launch. It's usually packed on weekends. Sometimes you can't get a parking spot. I never had that happen. Always got there early. Canyon and Roosevelt are 2 more options. Roosevelt is a hike but there's plenty of lanes and lake. Good luck. It's beautiful there.

Stumpalump

Chief Petty Officer
Sauaro is probably 4 lanes and flows well. I think 100 yards past it is another ramp but I never needed to inquire. It's not a huge lake so my understand is they limit the boats on big days and parking up the mountain can be a modest walk. Make sure you take the long no wake area up to the bottom of the next dam. The only trick is immediately when you hit the no wake and unmarked boey is to stay far far left. Hug the beach side where the boats park. After the beach just stay in the middle. It's awesome. Also if you get a monsoon storm then head to the huge cliffs on the south part of the main lake to see the waterfalls. The white spots on the cliffs are caused by eagal poo so look for them as well.