Chattanooga

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class
Where in west tn you at? got a buddy on my other forum with a toon out that way. good guy, met a few times.

Hey Joe,
Thanks for the info on Hales Bar. Seriously looking at staying there and doing a run up the gorge area to Downtown Chattanooga for lunch weather permitting.

We live in Bartlett, TN (Memphis Area) and have a weekend home at Bath Springs, TN. in Decatur Co.(Near Clifton). We are about half way between Pickwick Dam and I-40 around Mile marker 151 on the river. Where is your buddy?

On our way home we will head up 24 to Hwy 64 then head west. We are with about 20 miles north of Hwy 64 near Savannah, TN.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
if I remember right (not met him on the water yet) he is on that stretch but a few miles south of 40. His marina has a bar so can't be all bad. You all may be in same town; he's a high school coach just west of Memphis

his name is big clay on my other forum which is very, very loosely tied to boating but we pretend - just a few folks that talk about everything. I've met most of the members as I've traveled across the country. come visit if you're bored. http://tnfreebird.proboards.com/

southkogs

Staff member
The run from Pickwick Dam to Chattanooga would be soooooooo tempting if I had something to overnight on.

redneck joe : how long does it take you to get from Hales Bar to Chattanooga?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
34 miles so about hour and a half I cruise medium slow and like to stop an look at things.

Pickwick would be a looong run, tho i'm hoping for Guntersville to UT stadium in Knox next spring..... Maybe a relay of sorts next year?

and kogs I seem to remember sleeping on a fold down seat on my first bass boat so there is always an 'overnight' if ye ain't old 'n soft....

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
hey that boat... looks like it just needs some "TLC" :) have a great its been crazy weather hear in florida cant wait to try to get some boat time in this weekend:)

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class
if I remember right (not met him on the water yet) he is on that stretch but a few miles south of 40. His marina has a bar so can't be all bad. You all may be in same town; he's a high school coach just west of Memphis

his name is big clay on my other forum which is very, very loosely tied to boating but we pretend - just a few folks that talk about everything. I've met most of the members as I've traveled across the country. come visit if you're bored. http://tnfreebird.proboards.com/

Went over and took a look around. It appears he is a coach in the town I work in. New BWW opened yesterday and he had pics.

southkogs

Staff member
... and kogs I seem to remember sleeping on a fold down seat on my first bass boat so there is always an 'overnight' if ye ain't old 'n soft....
Well ... maybe I ain't ... but ... maybe I am :D

The Admiral would be a definite no-go.

Though with convertible canvas on the Bayliner, my son might brave it. Hafta' figure out potty stops though ...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Went over and took a look around. It appears he is a coach in the town I work in. New BWW opened yesterday and he had pics.

yep. he sent me a text last night said hes at aqua Yacht harbor down on the MS state line

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Well ... maybe I ain't ... but ... maybe I am :D

The Admiral would be a definite no-go.

Though with convertible canvas on the Bayliner, my son might brave it. Hafta' figure out potty stops though ...
I bought a quimbys this year....

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well the time is near! Got word our new tri toon will be ready for pickup on Saturday 3/11. Making the drive over to Chattanooga on Friday pm and staying downtown at a motel. Meeting friends there. Up Sat AM and take delivery. Hopefully the weather will co-operate and we can get her wet on Saturday and do the Gorge run on Sunday. Forecast was not looking too good as of Friday, Improving some now.

southkogs

Staff member
We're gettin' the rain outta' the way for ya' this weekend ... ;)