Chattanooga

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Record temps in the mid to uper 80s this weekend, CANNOT pass this up when its almost November . Leaves prob won't be too amazing due to the drought but it is a beautiful stretch of river regardless.

Going to overnight downtown i think. Packing up now to go grab her and drive to Nickajack.

Spend the day on the 35 mile trip to downtown stopping to look at things along the way then walk to a nice resturant and back to the boat to be adults, alone, on a boat......

Wake up find coffe and cruise back midday Sunday.

If anyone is around look for the Carver, stop and say hi.

I'll put up pics

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Remember, if there are no pics....it didn't happen

southkogs

Staff member
Crazy weather right!?! I won't make 'Nooga this weekend, but you might catch me on Priest!

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
OK, it's the first of November - plenty of time. Where are the pics??

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

hazy morning

HWY 24 at nickajack. Almost to the dame, looking back

up past Chatt close to the next dam

the youngest shipped of to the Navy last week. His girlfriend (pink shirt) lives in Chatt. She happened to be going for a walk downtown with a friend when we got there so we took them out, let them drive, had a good tiime.

the pedestrian bridge downtown

I love going up creeks

we did about 100 miles or so. 34 from launch to downtown then a few miles farther to the next dam, plus a couple back and forths when the girls were driveing.

think I'll post this on Craiglist...

Casting and a puff of the cig. this is about 1/4 away. Wifes got a pretty nice camera

normally a waterfall here. They pump water to the top of the mountain to a lake and generate electricity on the way back down.

Rock quarry in the distance, just a nice shot

bunch more but gets a bit repetitive.

might do it again this weekend, but probably to Tim's Ford instead of the river.

southkogs

Staff member
Beautiful. It's amazing how nice the waterways are right in the cities themselves. Even Priest is nice enough while pretty much smack dab in Nashville ... nice ride, Joe.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Thanks . boat is almost ready for the guntersville to knoxville run. next spring is the plan.

jharvey1984

Seaman Apprentice
Great pics. We live up in soddy daisy (about 25 miles north of Chattanooga) and have made the trip downriver to Chattanooga thru Chickamauga lock several times. Just recently purchased a cruiser and would love to get down thru the Tennessee River Gorge just havent had the chance yet. We had the boat down in August for the beer festival and it was great. Drink craft beer all day, listen to some really good music, then stumble the few steps to the boat for the night.

jharvey1984

Seaman Apprentice
by the way, that pic of the bridge is actually the Market Street bridgge, not the pedestrian bridge. The pedestrian bridge is Walnut Street. The Market St bridge is actually a draw bridge. They open it the once a quarter on a sunday morning for testing. Pretty cool site if you happen to stay over that weekend. Market_Street_Bridge_in_Chattanooga_with_bascule_span_open.jpg

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Thank for the correction and yeah the stumble to the boat is very nice.

We have a get tgether section on here I keep forgetting about going to try to do better next seaon maybe we can meet up.

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello all,

I have a new Tri-toon on order and plan to pick it up from Cleveland, TN in late March or April some time. (Do not have exact date yet) I would like to spend the weekend in the area and put the first several hours on the boat and motor before towing it back to West Tn. That way if it needs any tweaking or work I can get it done.

My question is... Do any of you know of a place I can stay and dock the boat for a weekend? Or a good place to stay and I can trailer the boat each night?

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
Hello all,

I have a new Tri-toon on order and plan to pick it up from Cleveland, TN in late March or April some time. (Do not have exact date yet) I would like to spend the weekend in the area and put the first several hours on the boat and motor before towing it back to West Tn. That way if it needs any tweaking or work I can get it done.

My question is... Do any of you know of a place I can stay and dock the boat for a weekend? Or a good place to stay and I can trailer the boat each night?

I should think the dealer would have a slip that they'd let you use. Have you talked to them about it?

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class
I should think the dealer would have a slip that they'd let you use. Have you talked to them about it?

I have not talked to them about it. Good Idea. They are not directly on the water so I don't know if they have one or not. If not, I bet they have a relationship with a marina that will work.

I was also thinking of maybe a house on the water with a dock. I will look on VRBO and AirBNB etc.
Since some of the folks on this thread are from the area, I was thinking they may know of a place to fit the bill.

Thanks for the good reply.

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
<snip>.
Since some of the folks on this thread are from the area, I was thinking they may know of a place to fit the bill.

<snip>

​Absolutely. In fact, there might be somebody with their boat on the hard that still has a slip available.
​Just throwing out ideas. :)

southkogs

Staff member
BigDfromTN Erwin Marine has a dock downtown with slips - I dunno' if you can rent short term, but it's a good shot they can give you some alternates. I know the city has docks, but don't know if they allow overnights. I don't know of any hotels on the water there in town.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Are you headed up 24 to nashville the left turn at hwy 40? if so look up Hales bar marina. you wouldnt be too far from Cleveland. rates should be good off season. it aint the ritz but theyve been clean the times we've stayed there

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks for these suggestions! I will check them out. I printed this page for future reference.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Where in west tn you at? got a buddy on my other forum with a toon out that way. good guy, met a few times.