My first "Ocean" voyage.

Heavy<313>

Seaman Apprentice
I was never really out in the open ocean, but I left the river and looped around a peninsula and went into Boothbay Harbor.
It was amazing, 20 miles one way, nice gentle swells out on the ocean, a little choppy on the way down river, 15-20mph but on the ride back so smooth, 25-30mph most of the way. Such a pretty area!
I docked at the public dock (3 hour limit) and had lunch then refueled on the water and headed back :)

Attachments

• photo251426.jpg
    photo251426.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 0

jforrest1

Seaman
I made that trip many times. We started out at the public launch in Bath by Bath Iron works. It's a great trip and you are protected in the river for much of the trip. Small crossing of open ocean into Boothbay Harbor. We usually did it was several other boats and would stop in Boothbay for lunch. It was always a great trip. Did it with a 18.5" Wahoo center console.

Heavy<313>

Seaman Apprentice
It was amazing to get out there! I did it from the other way, Damariscotta river to BBH, however a trip to bath seems definitely possible! I was in my 19ft Bayliner 1952 Cuddy, Handled itself beautifully. This is my first boat and i've only been out in a lake about 4 times so far so the river was a totally different experience!