tri-sonic boats

ziggy

Admiral
hi peoples, i got me this tri-sonic boat. what i think is a 1972 caprice 1700. 16' tri hull, 165 mercrusier, model I stearn drive. just a regular speed boat question? anybody got any infomation on tri-sonic boats? nada only quotes 73 thru 81 for tri-sonic. i got what i think is a 72????? that seems unlikely if nada says there made from 73-81. many repairs have been done on this boat, so not much left oem. i do have a fragment of what i think is the oem serive manual. about 6 pages worth, : ( nothing to go on. just wondering what others think of these boats. run of the mill, better than aveage built? related to mark twains? i've seen pics of mark twains that could have been a tri-sonic for not haveing the name on it. just any info???????? good or bad, i don't care, though i do like my boat design.it rides real nice. though not in real rough waters, but that's to be expected, it's a tri-hull. name plate says it's a tri-sonic, by huck finn, tom sawyer, no i mean roy rogers, geeze. and i really mean roy rogers. a "tri-sonic progressive cup lift hull by roy rogers" is what the name plates says. these plates are on the aft port and starboard sides. caprice 1700 is on the capacity plate. no year mentioned, no HIN.. (makes me think 72 or pre 72)just wondering if anyone can shed some light on what i got. quanity made, where made, lititure. don't see to much mentioned of tr-sonic's boat's in general it seems........??????

trisonic

Recruit
Re: tri-sonic boats

I have a tri-sonic by Roy Rogers the HIN shows that it is a 1972. Other than that I could find nothing. It is a Rivera 1900 It has the 165 hp and I beleive it to be 18 1/2 ft long. We have not been able to find much out about it either. This one says it was made in Texas by tri-sonic.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Jim, It's a 16' bowrider right? I looked to see if I can find one but couldn't find one showing pics. Wheres the pics:D

haulnazz15

Captain

I have seen a number of them on Texas/Missou/Okla lakes over the years. They do resemble the tri-hull Mark Twains/Glastrons/Cobalts of the time period. I would put them on par with Glastrons, but most all boats from that time period are about the same. Good strong hulls but age puts them susceptible to wood rot in the floors/stringers/and transom. I don't imagine they are much different than any other tri-hull. . . good for general use/fishing but will beat you up in rough chop.

Hope it turns out to be a solid boat for ya!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Hope it turns out to be a solid boat for ya!

Too late for that I think. Pretty sure I've read that Ziggy's tri is a rotted mess and is why he bought his awesome Aristocraft.

ziggy

Admiral

yep, ez is right. the trisonic has a case of rot. :( it still sits in my backyard, poor ol thing. i have good intentions for it for a restore, but not right now. funds are tight, so it sits... it don't need much. stringers, transom, drive, engine. just a few small items ya know. getting it did confirm that i really wanted a boat though. think i got a years use out of it after i inherited it after dad died...
here it is on the missouri river, in it's better days..

kennyoontheriver.jpg

ontheriver2005.jpg

i do hope to restore it some day. this was my dad's boat. his last boat that he got. the one i ended up doing most of my waterskiing behind when i was a teenager... this boat has sentimental value to me. probably zero value to anyone else... sure liked the ol skow...

haulnazz15

Captain

I didn't even notice that someone brought this post back from the dead when I replied.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Man I thought it was a new thread too, 2005??