Heat Stained Vinyl Upolstery

GlastronTH

Recruit
I have a Glastron with white/green vinyl upolstery. Had work done on bimini and piece of eisenglass was left on the vinyl seat which over heated the seat and turned it black. I was so hot, barely could touch the heated seat.
Now seat has cooled and the perfect green vinyl has turned black. Any idea on how to clean or what the 'black' is, or what caused it?
Glastron TH

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Heat Stained Vinyl Upolstery

Welcome to iboats.

Sounds burned :eek:

I would try a mr clean magic eraser on a small area but, be gentle about it. I have never heard of that happening before.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

First, Don't use any abrasives on vinyl...period. And Magic Erasers are abrasive pads. Second, the vinyl is burned and the only way to fix is to have the panels replaced by an upholstery shop.

Bubbasboat

Chief Petty Officer

Burned for sure, replace it or live with it. Sounds like you should replace it since your vinyl is "perfect green". Good luck!

Susquehanna Squid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My white vinyl has brown stains along the back deck that I can only assume are heat as well. When I uncover it during the summer months the vinyl is very dark but once it cools a bit the you cannot see it as much. This is very frustrating since the boat is not that old and should not have this problem! My front seat has a stain from the previous owner that I believe is from rust or maple leaves. I actually used white Rustoleum all surface spray paint and it covered it right up. It has also held up to the abuse that the kids put on it as well which surprised the heck out of me. You may want to try this short of paying to re-upholster. Good luck!

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant

Bummer....might try some vinyl spray paint.