Bimini Top Rocket Launcher.

Ok I have a 1996 Wellcraft 23 excel walk around with a bimini top. I would like to buy a Rocket Launcher Rod Holder for it but don't know what size fit. There is a 88"-91" does anyone know if this will fit?

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Bimini Top Rocket Launcher.

I think if you refine your title and add "ROD HOLDER", to the rocket launcher you'll get more responses....people may think you are trying to be funny! :lol:

T_Herrod

Petty Officer 1st Class

I thought you were getting ready for the 4th of July. Would be a blast to launch fireworks from your bimini top.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Meh. Lake boaters.

But your problem is that most biminis are not strong enough to hold rods, rod holders or a bank of rocket launchers. Certainly not while trolling, and not a good idea in rough water unless securely tied down. Try the back of your helm seat, along the side or front of the console (but not in conflict with the bimini). I put a couple of rod holders on my bow rail more for convenience since I didn't have any in the gunwale up there.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

On my last boat I used perko ss clamp-on mounted 1/2 way up each upright. Made a heck of a noise when a rod went down. Shook the whole top. Would not even try rockets launchers on a Bimini

If your heart is set on it, install a radar arch and mount to it.

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

I was confused too. No, don't put a rod holder, regardless of the brand on your Bimini supports.

NYBo

Admiral

T-top, yes. Bimini, not so much.

southkogs

Staff member

... though, if you manage to launch rockets from your bimini and can provide video; you'll gain +1,000 in "cool" points here on the forum ;)

bobdec

Petty Officer 2nd Class