Bimini Top Rocket Launcher.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bimini Top Rocket Launcher.

Ok I have a 1996 Wellcraft 23 excel walk around with a bimini top. I would like to buy a Rocket Launcher Rod Holder for it but don't know what size fit. There is a 88"-91" does anyone know if this will fit?

Re: Bimini Top Rocket Launcher.

I think if you refine your title and add "ROD HOLDER", to the rocket launcher you'll get more responses....people may think you are trying to be funny!
    1999 Chris Craft 200 BR
    Volvo Penta 5.0 / SX

Comment

I thought you were getting ready for the 4th of July. Would be a blast to launch fireworks from your bimini top.

Comment

Meh. Lake boaters.

But your problem is that most biminis are not strong enough to hold rods, rod holders or a bank of rocket launchers. Certainly not while trolling, and not a good idea in rough water unless securely tied down. Try the back of your helm seat, along the side or front of the console (but not in conflict with the bimini). I put a couple of rod holders on my bow rail more for convenience since I didn't have any in the gunwale up there.
        A man of constant boat tinkering.

Comment

On my last boat I used perko ss clamp-on mounted 1/2 way up each upright. Made a heck of a noise when a rod went down. Shook the whole top. Would not even try rockets launchers on a Bimini

If your heart is set on it, install a radar arch and mount to it.

Comment

I was confused too. No, don't put a rod holder, regardless of the brand on your Bimini supports.
            Living And learning sigpic

Comment

T-top, yes. Bimini, not so much.
              Bob, Seneca Lake NY
              '88 Bayliner 1700 Capri bowrider, 85 HP Force O/B, "Sea Weasel"
              '94 Grumman Fish'N Fun pontoon, 40 HP Merc
              Want a vessel safety check? Click here. Want to join the Coast Guard Auxiliary? Click here.
              Disclaimer: Although I am a member of the USCG Auxiliary, the opinions and advice in my replies are my own and do not necessarily reflect CG or CG Auxiliary policy or regulations unless so specified.

Comment

... though, if you manage to launch rockets from your bimini and can provide video; you'll gain +1,000 in "cool" points here on the forum

Comment

Ok thank you and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Comment

I have a side mounted rocket launcher radar arch on my Proline walk around with my Bimini top. Here are some typical pics of whats available Boat Rocket Launchers,Boat Arches, and Rod Racks for Boats|Rodholderdepot.com . Also here's a url I found of rod/rocket launcher on boat similar to yours using the side mount setup. http://www.**********/boat-details/W...1#.U2JnU_ldV8E
                    I'm Bob, 1996 Pro Line - Stalker 201 (20 ft) w/150 merc outboard, Pair of Yamaha GP800R's, !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X