New Bimini top on Ebay REALLY cheap????

DMGO

Cadet
Re: New Bimini top on Ebay REALLY cheap????

I ordered an el cheapo from ebay as well, the guy (from Boatarama) was awesome to deal with when I cut my poles too short (he did advise against before I did it!). Communication was excellent as well (he gives out his cell number and readily answers it).

The quality was on par with the more expensive bimini I purchased for the Baja (Sharkskin and support poles cost extra, ad I almost always had issues with the nylon fittings breaking as I trailer with in boot, but up off boat). My ebay one is a 600D polyester, while not exactly Sunbrella or Sharkskin, it seems as well made?! The aluminum poles are only double-walled where the connect to the cross pieces, otherwise they are the same thickness as my previous mentioned one. I paid $126 shipped, plus an add'l $75 for the 36"H poles (see previous mentioned cutting)...

All in all, I'd order another in a second...I would advise to go to a local (or online) store and purchase standard mounts/fittings, that way they'll be interchangeable should one decide to up-grade to a Taylor Made or WEST Marine?

~Brett

OK, the top showed up yesterday. It took 6 days to get to Florida from the Ebay seller, who is in Niagara Falls, but in Canada. The parts fit together perfectly, and the canvas top is REALLY well made. I'll install it Saturday morning, and post pictures afterward. Overall, it looks to be a really good deal. It included stainless steel deck mounts, which are not standard, so I will get some Taylor mounts tomorrow after work. That was a good idea to do that.