Where to find 3 bolt hole steering wheel?

mshiff62

Seaman Apprentice
My boat is an '84, and I'm having a hard time finding a steering wheel with a 3 bolt hole pattern. Already tried all your normal buying websites. Want a new one also, not a junk yard one.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Where to find 3 bolt hole steering wheel?

You might need to visit an auto parts store for an adapter for your helm to take another wheel or replace the entire helm and wheel with a newer version.

alldodge

Staff member

My boat is an '84, and I'm having a hard time finding a steering wheel with a 3 bolt hole pattern. Already tried all your normal buying websites. Want a new one also, not a junk yard one.

What is the bolt circle size? Do you think you could find a 6 bolt circle and use 3 of the bolt holes? Could either not use the other screws, or JB weld them in for looks. It's either that or get a new helm station. You can get a new kit for about $150

mshiff62

Seaman Apprentice

So I tried to use my 3 bolt from my racecar and the bolt circle wasn't the same. And the adapter wont wkeither because of how mine is. I may have to just get the new kit with the 3/4 tapered spline. sigh...

alldodge

Staff member

So I tried to use my 3 bolt from my racecar and the bolt circle wasn't the same. And the adapter wont wkeither because of how mine is. I may have to just get the new kit with the 3/4 tapered spline. sigh...

Yep, that's the thing about working on old stuff, can't find parts for us old guys either :)