Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find 3 bolt hole steering wheel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find 3 bolt hole steering wheel?

My boat is an '84, and I'm having a hard time finding a steering wheel with a 3 bolt hole pattern. Already tried all your normal buying websites. Want a new one also, not a junk yard one.

Re: Where to find 3 bolt hole steering wheel?

You might need to visit an auto parts store for an adapter for your helm to take another wheel or replace the entire helm and wheel with a newer version.
    This is a great link to boat specifications http://boatspecs.iboats.com/
    Please, shop iboats first!!

Comment

Originally posted by mshiff62 View Post
      My boat is an '84, and I'm having a hard time finding a steering wheel with a 3 bolt hole pattern. Already tried all your normal buying websites. Want a new one also, not a junk yard one.
      What is the bolt circle size? Do you think you could find a 6 bolt circle and use 3 of the bolt holes? Could either not use the other screws, or JB weld them in for looks. It's either that or get a new helm station. You can get a new kit for about $150
      94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
      95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
      07 Seadoo GTX
      Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
      G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

Comment

So I tried to use my 3 bolt from my racecar and the bolt circle wasn't the same. And the adapter wont wkeither because of how mine is. I may have to just get the new kit with the 3/4 tapered spline. sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by mshiff62 View Post
          So I tried to use my 3 bolt from my racecar and the bolt circle wasn't the same. And the adapter wont wkeither because of how mine is. I may have to just get the new kit with the 3/4 tapered spline. sigh...
          Yep, that's the thing about working on old stuff, can't find parts for us old guys either
          94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
          95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
          07 Seadoo GTX
          Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
          G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

Comment

Working...
          X