Gas primer bulb replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas primer bulb replacement

I was preparing to put a new primer bulb in my line when I noticed the crimps previously used are not ones I recognize. How do I remove these so I can reuse them?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0752.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	7194956Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0751.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	7194957

Re: Gas primer bulb replacement

Originally posted by s freud View Post
    I was preparing to put a new primer bulb in my line when I noticed the crimps previously used are not ones I recognize. How do I remove these so I can reuse them?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]225126[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]225127[/ATTACH]
    Ayuh,..... You can remove 'em with side-cutters, or whatever,...

They're Not reuseable, at all,...
    You can use small screw drive hose clamps, but those are crimped once, 'n done,...

Comment

Cut the hose...use new clamps.

Comment

The SS screw type hose clamps are easy to purchase...auto parts, WW, or most anywhere. The OEM isn't. Why does OEM use what it does? Probably a production volume thing. Only takes a second to squeeze their clamp. Takes a tad more time to get out the 1/4" nut drier and make half a dozen or so turns. Basic economics? Problem with it? Naw. Just helps to keep the price of the product in line.

Mark
        If you are new to boating or have a new boat, a knowledgeable friend could show you how to operate your boat and save you a lot of grief, maybe some money, and maybe your life.

Comment

Screw clamps cut into the hose and are bulky. I simply do not use them any more. I use medium to large black plastic zip ties. Cheap. effective, and you simply cut them off if you need to change hoses. Snug them by hand, grab with a pliers and pull/roll to tighten--or break down and buy the tightening tool.

Comment

Working...
          X