Where can I find these gauges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalcolmV8

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm trying to find exact replacement gauges so I can just replace the ones giving me trouble. Right now that would be the speedometer and the tach for sure. Others are questionable but I need to rule out wiring and sending units on them.

It's a 91 Bayliner Capri 2050 and this is what my gauges look like. I don't seem to be able to find replacements anywhere.

photo.JPG

cr2k

Captain
Re: Where can I find these gauges?

Have you checked with your bayliner dealer?

funk6294

Petty Officer 1st Class

Check on Great Lake Skippers as they often carry NOS for older model boats. Also looks there is a manufacturers name on the face plate in the pic, but just can't read it. Who makes the gauge? You may be able to use that to see what other boats/models used that gauge style. Once you know that start looking in eBay and searching on google as well.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

My '88 SeaRay had SeaRay gauges. SR doesn't make guages, but they had Teleflex create custom gauge faces, with a blue and green SR logo. I used standard Teleflex replacement gauges, and no one noticed, since they were close in apprearance.

You look to have something similar. If you cannot find exact replacements, check out gauges that are close. I would look at Faria, as well as Teleflex.

MalcolmV8

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The red writing branding you see at the bottom says "US MARINE" but searching that hasn't brought up gauges yet that I found matching. I'll search some of those names you guys threw out. Teleflex is one I've seen a lot of but they look much more modern and nicer.

tpenfield

Staff member

Googling brings up some Faria/US Marine gauges listed on eBay . . . so maybe it is now a Faria company. Based on on age, it may be difficult to find an exact match.

tpenfield

Staff member

GLS is where I found a replacement Temperature gauge for my Formula (VDO gauges) VDO no longer makes the gauge, but GLS seems to have a lot of the old stuff.

MalcolmV8

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The Make and Model number of the gauge can often be found on the edge of the Dial face.
It is very small and you may need to peek up under the trim ring (Bezel) to see it.

I bet mine are on the back like this picture. I wish mine didn't have these weird square bezels integrated into them. Then I could easily just replace with similar looking "close enough" looking gauges.

782-2-lg_1.jpg

oldjeep

Admiral

Googling brings up some Faria/US Marine gauges listed on eBay . . . so maybe it is now a Faria company. Based on on age, it may be difficult to find an exact match.

US Marine is the parent company of Bayliner (Now Brunswick is the parent of all)

marks boats

Recruit
Hey I just pickup a complete set off Ebay tonight gages and dash for 45.00 dollars I have the same on my boat but I figured I would have spare they are hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.