Attach ski rope to ski tow mount

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Attach ski rope to ski tow mount

If the rope has a loop at the end of the rope, then just slip it onto the center upward pointing section and go for it. If you do have to tie your own knot, I would say a bowland would be the best.<br /><br />Hope this helps.<br /><br />Craig

navigator336

Petty Officer 1st Class

Your rope should have a loop on the end. Holding the loop, pull a few inches of the rope adjacent to the loop through the loop. This will form a second loop which will enlarge by feeding more rope through the first loop or contract by pulling rope back through the first loop. Take this second "adjustable" loop and push it through the tow ring and then over the vertical curved finger. Pulling on the rope will adjust the second loop down tight onto the finger and it will not come off while you're skiing. To remove it just slide it up and off the curved finger. Just one more note on this what sounds complicated but is really simple thing is to make sure your second loop(adjustable loop rides up and over the knot which almost all tow ropes have securing the loop that they come with (the first loop). This will allow it to fully tighten onto the vertical finger.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Cool thanks guys. I thought there was some kind of fancy way of attaching the rope on, but I guess the simplest way works.<br /><br />I have somtimes put the small single loop up the ring from the bottom, then pull the loop over the finger, and pull the rope tight. But I have had it come loose this way when slack occurs in the line.<br /><br />Ken