Bayliner. Broken Grab Handle In The Bow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siahnide

Recruit
i just bought a 96 Bayliner Capri 2050 LS w/ 5.7L.
on my first run with it i broke my grab handle at the bow. its located starboard side, just above the back cushion. now i cant seem to see how the back cushion comes out, and peeking through the crack from prying it away from the fiberglass there dosnt appear to be a "window" to access these bolts for the grab handle...
has anyone come accross this problem or have the know how to replace or repair these handles?

also while i am here, is there a book made for these boats similar to a "Haynes Manual" for cars?

cheers,
Siahnide

pckeen

Commander
Re: Bayliner. Broken Grab Handle In The Bow

Welcome to iboats!

I'm not aware of any manual that is for all boats, but Seloc Marine does a line of Haynes Manual type books for marine engines. The link is here: Seloc Marine Engine Repair Manuals - Seloc Manuals

You will also find lots of good information here on engine and boat issues.

Put up some photos of the problem you are having, so we all know what you are talking

SWD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Seloc manuals just cover mechanical.......not trim/upholstery.

SDSeville

Lieutenant

I had a 2005 Bayliner 185 BR and I seem to remember that my side panels slid down and sort of locked into place -- no bolts. Came out with a nice upward bump/push.

Siahnide

Recruit

here are some pictures of the grab handle that im talking about. starboard side broken. port side still good.

SDSeville, I understand what your saying and I did try that, putting quite a bit of effort pulling up from the bottom, and with no movement.

Attachments

• IMG_20130619_155312.jpg
    IMG_20130619_155312.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20130619_155404.jpg
    IMG_20130619_155404.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 0

SDSeville

Lieutenant

Sometimes there are screws in the seams (between the grey and white)

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade

And Seloc manuals on hap hazardly cover the engine. I wouldn't waste my money on one.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

The pads may be held in place with double ended christmas tree clips. You will need to pop off the pads and replace the clips that break along the way. I know this from experience. Have a whole bag of them that I bought.

Knowing how Bayliner does things, very possible that the handle was installed before the top and bottom of the boat were put together. You may have to get the pad off and create an access hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.