1964 Sabre Craft

MrVolvo

Recruit
Hello ladies and gents!

I am new to forum here but plan to be an active one!

I bought a 1964 14' ft Sabre Craft with a 75hp outboard Johnson. The boat is in great shape! I bought it for only $250 cash. I was wondering if anyone had any clue what the factory name is for this boat. Also, if anyone one has any parts for it such as the horn and trim pieces. I would love to hear any input and suggestions! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 2

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1964 Sabre Craft

Welcome! That is a particularly cool looking hull.

MrVolvo

Recruit

Thank you! Although it is not original, the interior has been completely redone! Its quite the sharp little vessel!

southkogs

Staff member

Welcome aboard - very nice lookin' boat. Look around HERE a bit and see if you can match it up.

MrVolvo

Recruit

Thank you! I looked there before and my trail went cold! Thank you though!

Recruit

I am new to this as well and also picked up a Sabre Craft. I've hit the same dead ends and then some with I/O issues. I have a 1963 Sabre Craft Saratoga we're nearing the end of an original partial restoration and could use some help locating parts as well. Have you found any further success?

MrVolvo

Recruit

My trail went dead as well. But such beautiful boats!!

eicoguy

Recruit

My trail went dead as well. But such beautiful boats!!

If you guys check over at Fiberglassics.com under the library and gallery you will find info on Sabre Crafts. Mine is under the Gallery posting 1962 Sabre Craft Pacer 15 which is what I think the red boat here is. Not absolutely sure of the year on my boat but it looks nearly the same as the one here. My pacer 15 is only 15 feet if you measure the gunwhale from front to back. It is about 14' 4" bow to transom. I believe marketing used the gunwhale measurement back then.

I'm wondering if this red boat is the one that sold in Flint Michigan back in March. If so I would like to get in contact with the owner. I am only a half hour south of Flint and it would be cool to make contact with another Sabre Craft owner.

Bill

howhiareu

Recruit
I have a 1962 Sabre Craft Saratoga Sportsman 19. Mine too has had the interior gutted, the closest current one that I've found online is on craigs list. I would love to find some trim pieces for it - has anyone here uncovered any parts since the last post in 2012? I'm also looking for parts/advice for the 62 Merc 850 that came on it, would love to have it under power of the original powerplant.