Opinion/ Facts about Reinell boats.

jonny_tsunami

Recruit
I have been looking around at alot of boats lately, planning on making my first purchase here shortly. I have been reading reviews left and right. However, there seems to be little information and discussion about Reinells. What are your opinions, or what do you know about them? I am looking for a 18-21 foot. Mostly as a family boat to do some wakeboarding and camping with an open bow. I have also been looking at Four Winns, Sea Ray, and some Bayliners. Any opinions, even on any of those brands or warnings, would be appreciated.

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Opinion/ Facts about Reinell boats.

Are you looking to buy new or used?

Tmacular

Petty Officer 1st Class

I used to own an old Reinell Trihull. Boat was a 75 I believe and was still sturdy as could be. Big thing really is not necessarily the boat manufacturer more then say the owners. Good boats can go to S**t fast with a bad owner and classics can remain mint with proper maintenance. Do your homework prior to any purchase depending on where you buy from.

As for sea rays in my opinion probably one of the strongest hulls on the market. Sea ray is built to last and built to handle biggest of waters. Bayliners are also solid boats. IMO the older capris with the volvo motor and penta outdrive was probably the best boat Ive ever owned. All opinion though...good luck!

Other guys may be able to chime in with any factory defects that may have affected some brands.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I have a friend that bought his new and still has it ten years later very nice boat, but like any used boat how its been cared for is the most important factor.

briangcc

Commander

Bayliners are an entry level boat. You're not going to find a lot of bells & whistles on them but they are solid...or at least the one I had was nicely built. For mine, I had to add a grab handle to my swim platform as I watched as my younger cousins struggled getting in/out of my boat. Only reason I don't own it still is that my family outgrew it - too many cousins having babies :facepalm:

If you're looking used, I'd suggest staying away from Force outboards as Bayliner used them exclusively. Force is out of production so parts may become an issue.

My current boat is a Four Winns. I'm very happy with it. Nice power, good layout, very few issues and the ones I have had were addressed under warranty. My issues thus far have been:

*Void in the hull with one of the transom eyes - repaired under warranty, can't tell it was done.
*Leaking exhaust bellows - clamps weren't tightened before delivery by selling dealer - avoid Brobeil Marine in Buffalo NY.
*Stress crack in cap, right below windsheild frame - not under warranty, very cheap to repair (had Seager Marine in Canandaigua NY do the work)

That's it. Any questions on either brand I'd be happy to answer if I can.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I am looking for an older boat. 1990 to 2002 or so.

In that case, brand means squat. Just about everyone on here would rather have a well maintained Bayliner than a ragged out Cobalt.

jonny_tsunami

Recruit

97 Bayliner 2050 - $6000
Selling our beautiful 21ft Bayliner, $6,000 obo. Very well taken care of mercruiser outboard, riding tube, wake board, life vests ranging in sizes from toddler to adult and all other buoys, ropes ect included. Have the title in hand. Moving and need to sell.
1997 2050 Bayliner.jpg

$5300. 1992 Bayliner 2050.
Thinking about buying a boat????

If you are then we have a great little starter boat for you. This boat has a 5.0 liter w/Mercruiser outdrive. It is a little rough around the edges but nothing a little TLC won't cure.
Boat comed equipped with:
Travel covers
Storage cover
Humming bird finder
Recently rebuilt carbs
If you are interested fell free to come and see us down at Heringer Marine

19992 Bayliner 2050 P1.jpg19992 Bayliner 2050 P2.jpg19992 Bayliner 2050 P3.jpg

Attachments

• 1996 Reinell P1.jpg
    1996 Reinell P1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1

jonny_tsunami

Recruit

$6000 1996 Reinell 18? Boat. North Vegas. Craigslist. Since 2/7/13
1996 Fiberglass Reinell Boat 18'
Make: VMPR
Model: 20
Vehicle Body: BT
Empty wt: 500
Gas
MOTOR : 131 hours, 4.3 Mer Cruiser, Alpha One

Mint Condition
Shade Cover well taken care
Vinyl Upholstery
Carpet Floor
1996 Reinell P1.jpg1996 Reinell P2.jpg1996 Reinell P3.jpg1996 Reinell P4.jpg1996 Reinell P5.jpg

This and the other two bayliner have been some that have caught my attention a lot. The 1997 Bayliner, does not have very many pictures to compare, that I know, and I plan on going to look at every one of these boats too.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

With those other two available, I wouldn't bother looking at the '92.

southkogs

Staff member

With those other two available, I wouldn't bother looking at the '92.
I agree:

Might also take a look at THIS one and THIS one. The ones you posted feel a little overpriced, so I did a quick search on CL. The second posting caught my eye 'cuz you get a little extra boat (21ft) and he's got a muscle car parked next to it in his (really stinkin' nice) garage - that boat might be really well cared for. As long as it doesn't have an OMC hanging off the back, it might be a nice grab.

jimbo1229

Seaman

I just picked up a 92 beachcraft made by reinell, solid lil boat. Its got a 3.0l in it plenty for farting around the lake and fishing on. i picked it up for bout 3k and im putting bout $500 into it getting it running good. the old owner took very good care of it. there are good older boats out there just gotta search for them