Baha cruiser hard top shaky

sty2112

Cadet
First post ever

I own a 1989 baha cruiser 230 fisherman. Solid hull. The hard top is mounted on the aluminum window frames. The corners of the frames have cracks which reduce the integrity of the top. It's held on tight but will shake when cruising in 1-2" seas. Hull is solid but top is noisy/shaky.

Here's my question
Can I reinforce this with a custom aluminum frame underneath the hardtop mounted to the floor? Will it be costly?

I just completely repowered and love the boat. Especially because of the top

Anyone who has done this or has seen this reinforcing done to a hardtop please chime in

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Baha cruiser hard top shaky

First post ever

I own a 1989 baha cruiser 230 fisherman. Solid hull. The hard top is mounted on the aluminum window frames. The corners of the frames have cracks which reduce the integrity of the top. It's held on tight but will shake when cruising in 1-2" seas. Hull is solid but top is noisy/shaky.

Here's my question
Can I reinforce this with a custom aluminum frame underneath the hardtop mounted to the floor? Will it be costly?

I just completely repowered and love the boat. Especially because of the top

Anyone who has done this or has seen this reinforcing done to a hardtop please chime in

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... We're gonna need Pictures....

sty2112

Cadet

Hard Top w drawing.jpg

This is the hardtop. I drew where the cracks are in the aluminum frame.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... I'd suggest corner brace brackets where the cracks are, 'n diagonals from the pole with the rod holder, up to the roof, sideways...