Can you identify this boat?

LVChris

Petty Officer 2nd Class
2012-09-22_08-50-56_196.jpg

Click it to see full size. sorry best pic I could get. I can see the name starts with a "C"

Ciscovet

Seaman
Re: Can you identify this boat?

WoW..looks like that CVX-20 glastron carlson Jet drive picture on the other thread. Look on page 3 of the "are inboards obsolete" thread

LVChris

Petty Officer 2nd Class

WoW..looks like that CVX-20 glastron carlson Jet drive picture on the other thread. Look on page 3 of the "are inboards obsolete" thread

couldn't find that page, but I think you are right an Old Glastron...maybe a Scimitar...but definately a glastron CV something. Kills me to see a boat sitting like that in the staorage yard never getting to get wet....

Ciscovet

Seaman

Do a search on the internet and watch some youtube videos. That boat sounds mean on the water(300+hp from a ford engine) and shoots a huge rooster tail from its jet-o-matic or whatever the jet drive is called. They are quite popular boats and every forum that I read on that boat, people wanted to buy it (~7-8k). If I had the cash, I would walk over and see if the guy wanted to sell it.

LVChris

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Do a search on the internet and watch some youtube videos. That boat sounds mean on the water(300+hp from a ford engine) and shoots a huge rooster tail from its jet-o-matic or whatever the jet drive is called. They are quite popular boats and every forum that I read on that boat, people wanted to buy it (~7-8k). If I had the cash, I would walk over and see if the guy wanted to sell it.

I hear ya, never see it move, no idea who owns it. it's 1 1980 Glastron Scimitar (I figure because it's Metalflake emerald mist.)
http://www.classicglastron.com/gl-scimitar-web.html

really cool boat, way over my capabilities for restoring a boat...I hope someone in Las Vegas rescues her.

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

thanks for the picture and links .... while I have less than zero interest in owning a such a boat, I really enjoy reading about them and looking at their pictures

Jim