lowe roughneck 1860

anyone have ideas on how to attach a square aluminum tube duck blind to the gunnel rail of lowe roughneck?

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: lowe roughneck 1860

anyone have ideas on how to attach a square aluminum tube duck blind to the gunnel rail of lowe roughneck?

I do!

I built a blind just like that. i used 1.5" square tube and welded them onto l brackets that i bolted to my gunnel T slots.

I actually built a pop up blind last year and was trying to sell my home made blind that i built for my lowe Roughneck.

dtdgx.jpg

bob

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

very nice indeed .... should you wish to do so, how difficult is it to remove the frame

Jim

it would probably take about 15 minutes. the tops are held with set screws. there is a block on top of each post that fits dow inside the square tubing, and it had a round stud on two side that accept round aluminum pipe that makes up the top rail. they are all held with set screws. the post is just held on by a nice fit and the T-bolts in the t-rail...2 are used with each post.

vn08z9.jpg

bob

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

well done .... I really like your design .... did you do the welding

Jim

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

well done .... I really like your design .... did you do the welding

Jim

yes I did the welding with an old Miller welder at work. it didnt have to be pretty.....just trustworthy.....that thing was a rock once it was all tied together....

i use that T-rail for lots of attachments to the boat. Like removable oar locks, bimini top, mounts, and p-welting channel for my new blind cover.

bob