Drivers footwell subwoofer install.....

The Show

Cadet
So i'm looking to add an 8" or 10" sub in my 18 ft boat. There's not alot of room so I was looking to cut a hole in the drivers footwell to give it a custom look and take up the least amount of space. Upon looking into this, I see that the footwell is filled with foam(assuming for bouyancy). The footwell is a wedge shape, with the other side accessible by lifting the bow cushion. I've read a few threads where people did this but it didn't say anything about the footwell being filled with foam. I would have to scrape the foam out to create enough air space. My question is, would it create problems by removing the foam? I don't think it would be a problem, but would like to know if anyone else has ran into this. Thanks.

SDSeville

Lieutenant
Re: Drivers footwell subwoofer install.....

No problem with removing the foam.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

Why not just use a Bazooka Bass Tube? If you buy the one that has an amp built in you would be set! They throw some serious bass...more that you would need for the boat for sure!

Bondo

Staff member

So i'm looking to add an 8" or 10" sub in my 18 ft boat. There's not alot of room so I was looking to cut a hole in the drivers footwell to give it a custom look and take up the least amount of space. Upon looking into this, I see that the footwell is filled with foam(assuming for bouyancy). The footwell is a wedge shape, with the other side accessible by lifting the bow cushion. I've read a few threads where people did this but it didn't say anything about the footwell being filled with foam. I would have to scrape the foam out to create enough air space. My question is, would it create problems by removing the foam? I don't think it would be a problem, but would like to know if anyone else has ran into this. Thanks.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Not a very good idea,...

Generally speakin', there's a whole lot less space there than you think, 'n it's the 1st place to get Wet...