Fuel Flow Meter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Flow Meter

the accuracy of the OEM gas gauge in our boat leaves much to be desired .... I'd like to install a fuel flow meter which I can reset to zero when I fill the tank and while we are using the boat know how much gas we have burned .... our pocketbook doesn't allow for a high dollar meter, recommendations (with a link if possible) would be appreciated

Jim

Re: Fuel Flow Meter

Make your self a tank stick with a wooden dowel rod and a sharpie.
    Bad Dog

If it aint broke your not having enough fun

my 1988 Riviera Cruzer pontoon rebuild
    https://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=526820

my pontoon trailer rebuild

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...railer-rebuild

Comment

I wish that something like that would work but it would take an interesting stick to run from the gas cap down under the floor and into the built-in tank in our boat ..

Jim

Comment

Lowrance LMF-200 with a fuel flow probe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mischief Managed View Post
          Lowrance LMF-200 with a fuel flow probe.

thank you .... I've been looking at this gauge but can't tell from reading the info given if it can be a stand alone unit or if it must be installed as part of the Lowrance LMF-200 system

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
            thank you .... I've been looking at this gauge but can't tell from reading the info given if it can be a stand alone unit or if it must be installed as part of the Lowrance LMF-200 system

Jim
            I think you also need a EPR 60 fuel flow sensor.( each tank) The sensor is around $60.00
            Do you have a Lowrance head unit? If so, depending on which one and if it is NMEA 2000 compatible all you will need is the flow sensor
            Assault Squadron NINE
            River Assault Division NINETY-ONE-1966

Comment

Originally posted by Thalasso View Post
              Do you have a Lowrance head unit?

no Lawrence equipment whatsoever

Jim

Comment

Look into Floscan ( another brand). It might be cheaper and do the same thing.My head unit is Lowrance and all i had to do is buy the EP60R fuel sensor and basically hook it to a NMEA 2000 circut.(It's just what the system is called) nothing special. It's just a matter of connecting wires to make the system to the head unit.
                Assault Squadron NINE
                River Assault Division NINETY-ONE-1966

Comment

Originally posted by Thalasso View Post
                  Look into Floscan ( another brand). It might be cheaper and do the same thing.

will do .... thanks for the suggestion .... cheaper is a good thing ..

Jim

Comment

Have a look at the Faria Fuel Manager.

Available Here at iboats. (Good Price, Lousy Photo!)
                    Bill, Lorain Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by UncleWillie View Post
                      Have a look at the Faria Fuel Manager.

Available Here at iboats. (Good Price, Lousy Photo!)

very nice .... thanks for the link and info .... does the meter shown include whatever is used to connect to the gas line to read the amount of gas being used

Jim

Comment

Go out to Faria's website, and you can find the installation instructions for the unit, but yes, it appears that the transducer is included in the purchase price.

Comment

I will do just that, may well give them a call next week .... it appears to be in an attractive price range and is small enough to fit into very limited space on the boat's dash .... help/suggestions appreciated

Jim

Comment

I have a Floscan 9000 that came with my boat when I bought it. It is tied to my GPS so it gives me constant fuel burn data AND mpg. The mpg is very useful to make sure I am operating at the most effiecient power settings. I thnk you can buy one for about $500 new and you see them used from time to time on eBay etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Brewman61 View Post
                              Go out to Faria's website, and you can find the installation instructions for the unit, but yes, it appears that the transducer is included in the purchase price.

I've pretty well settled on ordering the Faria fuel meter .... tried to call IBoats to make sure it comes with the sending unit but they are closed for the holiday .... will try again tomorrow .... can't get the Faria website http://faria-instruments.com/ to come up .... once again, thanks for the tip

Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X