cover for my 1988 bayliner capri

this is my first boat which i picked-up for 800.00 dollars all i had to do is replace the floor i put new carpet in a fuel gauge (want to add new speedometer tach temp volt gauges)<br />the motor ran but needed some much TLC impellar head gasket thermostat an now a prop I beleive it is out of balance an the whole boat shakes at low RPM but other than that it has improved alot an now will be a great summer family boat <br /><br />but i would like to know where could i get the tarps that snap to boat an the top that snaps to the front windshield with the supports<br /><br />I have a 1988 bayliner 1900 series open bowe

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: cover for my 1988 bayliner capri

Right here. <br /><br />But I think the one you are talking about is custom built and installed on the vessel. Look for a company that does upholstery, bimini tops, vinyl awnings, and they can make one at great cost. One other tip...Don't skimp on material. Settle fpor nothing less than Sunbrella or other UV resistive fabric. The better the fabric, the longer it will protect your boat.<br /><br />I am very concerned about the shaking condition you described. It could be a bent prop shaft or prop. These will quickly destroy the lower unit.<br />I would drain/inspect/refill the lower unit, and check find the problem before going out again.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to boats

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You will have to get anything that snaps to the boat custom made. You can get bimmi tops at the mega mall through this forum. You can also get an idea of fabrics you can choose from at this site.If you are on a budget (who isn't) you may want to buy an off the shelf boat cover,you can get at Wal-mart or any store that caries marine supplies, and a bimmi top for when your in the water,wahtever you do make sure you keep it covered when not in use!<br /><br /> jim :D

bolted4

Seaman Apprentice

I just took out a tack and speedo from my bayliner if you are interested in origonals., it was a 18ft capri 86' I could send pic. I put in gauge that came with motor and speedo that is on fishfinder so they are sitting on shelf.