Interstate battery woes... BEWARE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobroplayer

Recruit
Spring is almost here, looking for a NEW BOAT BATTERY? Here is where NOT to look! I purchased a battery from Interstate for my boat. Due to mechanical issues, see post on XP150 by Dobroplayer, this battery was kept inside my house and regularly maintained with the same charger Interstate sells and recommends. After the boat was on the water 3 times last year, their Marine battery was found to be failed. I returned the battery to this morning to Interstate for some sort of replacement and only to find the battery was only good for $20 off another battery just like this one. (I don't think I want another one like this one). The service person at Interstate admitted the failure was not due to my treatment or neglect and was an internal failure.
My opinion.....if something fails due to neglect or misuse, that is one thing. If it fails due to workmanship or materials that is another! So you want a battery for your...whatever, Interstate is NOT the place to buy one. Their customer service is just a joke also. I don't know why they even have one......
Let them put these pieces of junk in the nascar cars..... at least when the battery quits, they can get out an walk..LOL!

Pez Vela

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Interstate battery woes... BEWARE!!!!

I purchased a battery from Interstate for my boat.

Please complete that sentence with the purchase date and the type of marine battery in question. I bet Interstate offered to honor their warranty. If not, then you've got a beef. If another mfg. of marine batteries offers a better warranty, it would be helpful to know so that a valid comparison can be made. Here's Interstate's warranty for marine batteries:

"Within twelve (12) months from the date of original purchase, all marine batteries of the following types: HD24-DP, 24M-HD, 24M-RD, 24M-XHD, SRM-24, 27M-XHD, SRM-27, SRM-27B, SRM-29, will be replaced free of charge (except for taxes and legislatively imposed fees, where applicable). Within six (6) months from the date of original purchase, all other batteries will be replaced free of charge (except for taxes and legislatively imposed fees, where applicable). After the free replacement period and for the remaining number of months of designated warranty period, the original purchaser may obtain a replacement battery of similar size upon payment of a prorated charge based upon the then current published cost per month which is based on the then published List Price of the battery multiplied by the number of full months elapsed since the date of original purchase."

Bondo

Staff member

Spring is almost here, looking for a NEW BOAT BATTERY? Here is where NOT to look! I purchased a battery from Interstate for my boat. Due to mechanical issues, see post on XP150 by Dobroplayer, this battery was kept inside my house and regularly maintained with the same charger Interstate sells and recommends. After the boat was on the water 3 times last year, their Marine battery was found to be failed. I returned the battery to this morning to Interstate for some sort of replacement and only to find the battery was only good for $20 off another battery just like this one. (I don't think I want another one like this one). The service person at Interstate admitted the failure was not due to my treatment or neglect and was an internal failure.
My opinion.....if something fails due to neglect or misuse, that is one thing. If it fails due to workmanship or materials that is another! So you want a battery for your...whatever, Interstate is NOT the place to buy one. Their customer service is just a joke also. I don't know why they even have one......
Let them put these pieces of junk in the nascar cars..... at least when the battery quits, they can get out an walk..LOL!

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Lot's of Hate, 'n innuendo, with little substance...

I've used Interstate many times, 'n never had a Problem...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Just another rant with no facts. This thread is closed.

From the forum rules.

4. Attacks (bashing) on any person, organization, company or other entity will not be permitted. Reporting experiences with any vendor, website or organization must be limited to facts. Unqualified attacks will be considered bashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.