1982 Doral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattv88

Recruit
Hi all, just looking for some advice.

Next summer my grandad will be selling our cottage, but it will be to my dad's cousin (his nephew) who has a cottage 2 down, so we can still use it at a weekly cost (less then what he will rent it out for).

However, he will be selling his 1982 Doral privately. And me and my dad have talked and we both want it, so either 1 of us will buy it, or both buy it together or something along those lines.

I was just wondering what advice I could get as it will be my first boat, and I know my grandad will show me everything i need to know, just trying to get info on the older model dorals that could be things to look for.

I know the boat has ALWAYS been stored in a boathouse, and has never had to have any major repairs. So the engine is in good running order.

Thanks for any help :)

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1982 Doral

hi matt.......welcome to iboats...!

can you tell us more about the motor/drive package?

Mattv88

Recruit

Thanks.

And honestly, I'm not sure which motor is on it.
All I know is that it is the original motor, so a 1982 I/O...not sure what packages it had back then, as I haven't found much at all on 1982 dorals on google :(

Bondo

Staff member

All I know is that it is the original motor, so a 1982 I/O..

Ayuh,... That narrows it down to 40 or 50 different possibilities...

LTM

Recruit
I have 82 Doral too..love it but having issues..fills with water (transom)..battery dead..tilt and blower don't work..now I disconnect pos and it starts but no blower...??

Status
Not open for further replies.