Lieutenant Commander
Re: FREE BOAT! :screams in terror:

Pics... or it doesn't exist!!! :p

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

That's weird, it didn't show anything before, but I saw the thumbnail now... Looks like you really lucked out. Would be a beauty with twins!! Congrats on the score :D

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Nice scalvage.

you are going to want the 175, at least 150 or you will feel like you are dragging.

When I read this I though you may have also got a potential girlfriend out of it: "P/O was great (also a member here and may check in) She definitely needs some love but is a REAL solid starting point"

southkogs

Staff member

Dude - you're gonna' itch just lookin' at that boat :D

Nice find smoke. Can't wait to see the splash.

With winter around the corner you will at least have something to do on those cold snowy days and nights! Looks like a good project!

I hope you have a really big garage. ;-)

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Is that a V20 steplift CC?

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

Nice scalvage.

you are going to want the 175, at least 150 or you will feel like you are dragging.

When I read this I though you may have also got a potential girlfriend out of it: "P/O was great (also a member here and may check in) She definitely needs some love but is a REAL solid starting point"

Yeah I actually chuckled about that when I was typing it ... nah OP is a dude and homey don't play that LOL

What I REALLY want is a new 225 hp but I B POOR so I'll take that I can get and keep an eye out for better.... O/P told me about another forum that is specifically dedicated to these boats.... from reading there 65 hp absolutely won't plane it and 90 hp will get it into the upper 20's.... 115 is about the smallest practical but loaded heavy it's still a pig.... I also have a line on a force 125 for cheap... seems to be in good shape but the brand name doesn't excite me... The 175 has been worked over and has something like 175 psi of compression... has to run premium gas but I suspect it makes closer to 200 hp.... would really love to get that one.

Yep it IS a step lift hull

BoatingCop

Chief Petty Officer

WOW nice score! Especially for free! When you gonna start the resto?

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

If by resto, you mean refit, then as soon as I can start scrounging parts....

BoatingCop

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah thats what I meant lol. Good deal. Can't wait to see what you throw on the back of it

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

Well............. funny you should mention that.... I bought a boat today.... 80's 16'ish v hull bowrider (totally rotted out), single axle trailer(nice) and a (I think) 75 or 76 tower o power merc 1150 with a cmc power trim unit...... grand total.... wait for it........ $70 :cool:

now time will tell if it was good or great..... At this point, all I know about the engine is that it's black and some guy a few owners ago "said it runs" .....

Fellow I got it from got it for free and wasn't too worried about it, He had another boat in need of a floor and the worx so I told him to sign up here so the dry dock gang can line him out.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Let's see here. Boat & motor for $70. Tank of gas to get her home. Which cost more?

Can't forget the wine cork. Priceless. LOL

Still a good find, ought to be fun getting on the water.

chriscraft254

Commander

You love those wellcrafts! Don't think I need to tell you good find! Definately want atleast a 150hp on that little battle wagon. Atleast you won't have to worry about the head room on this one.. Make sure you buy a nice colorful bucket to act as a toilet.;)

mxcobra

Chief Petty Officer

Depends on how many reeevets it has LOL

salt kills the fungus that causes rot.

I once heard a story, Were the USA sold all our left over Lumber to the Chinese.
The Chinese sunk it all to the bottom of the ocean, for over 50 years.
Then sold it back to Us. The USA for quadruple the price!!!

chriscraft254

Commander

There is a reason that there are 100 year old wooden ships still found underwater in the ocean.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

You love those wellcrafts! Don't think I need to tell you good find! Definately want atleast a 150hp on that little battle wagon. Atleast you won't have to worry about the head room on this one.. Make sure you buy a nice colorful bucket to act as a toilet.;)

lol porta potty in an open boat...

"hey man whats up?"

"eh not much just enjoying the weather"

"what's with the blanket? it's 85 degrees!"'

"uh..... well.......uh....... hey are those gals over there waiving you over?"

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

So I fiddled with the 115 today.... had no ign key so cranked her over a bit by jumping the solenoid. I sprayed a little wd in the cylinders, replaced the plugs and cranked some more and then did a compression test. not stellar but not terrible for an engine that sat for years ranged from 135-156 psi.... a little more that the recommended 10% difference but it may get better with some run time... I pulled the control box apart.... Went to remove switch and the wires were ROTTEN .... they were soldered to the switch so I snipped em and the insulation was just falling off so I cut the wire bundle a couple feet back from the box... the insulation is still not good but was quite a bit more stable... It took me a few minutes to sort out which wire was which but I got her to crank and even to kick a couple times w a lil spritz of ether but my batt was dead and wouldn't crank worth a darn. hooked up a charger and left for a few hours .. Came back and cranked it repeatedly for a couple minutes and she begrudgingly came back to life.... Running quite smoothly on the who knows how many years old gas in the tank! I shut it down in less than a minute and will run it some more tomorrow on some fresh gas.

Sadly I discovered that when they put it on the CMC trim they sawed off one of the transom clamps:facepalm: to clear the trim ram so I will need some parts..... I want factory power trim and tilt any way so not the end of the world. seriously tho... some people! So far tho it looks like the engine is gonna be worth some work and some parts...... I guess at this point I have almost $200 in the boat and motor but the trailer will be going on c/l and the CMC unit will go on ebay... figure they'll bring $700 or more so I'll be doing pretty good on the deal :cool:

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: FREE BOAT!

Re: FREE BOAT!

I picked up another 115. This one had power trim and a new wiring harness...
jjj 003.jpg
Here's the old wiring harness... It's amazing that it ran....
jjj 006.jpgjjj 004.jpg
had to remove power heads and lower units

jjj 008.jpg

ran a gallon through it... might be a bit heavy on the oil tho ;)
jjj 005.jpg