No power to dashboard gauges or ignition switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainrider

Cadet
I have a 2004 Bayliner 175 3.0 mericruiser motor. I have no power going to anything in the dashboard guages or to the ignition switch. I do however have power from the battery to the starter but none from the starter to the ignition solenoid. any help would be appreciated.

flycaster

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: No power to dashboard gauges or ignition switch!

Find your fuse panel, start by checking ALL of the fuses contained there-within.

Fisherball

Chief Petty Officer

Sounds like corrosion on connections. Use dielectric grease whenever you connect wires together.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

The fuse panel is not the place to start looking since the gauges and ignition switch are not powered from it. They are powered by the engine harness that runs from the engine to the switch, then to the gauges. The fuse/breaker in the engine compartment is the likely culprit.

Rainrider

Cadet

thanks everyone, found the problem...it was the 90 amp fuse that connects from the starter. white square with brass plates on both sides the metal fuse link inside of it was blown!...

Wizard125

Recruit
I have a 1990 Galaxy boat Mercruiser inboard no power to the dashboard gauges or ignition switch what do I check

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Did you not read the posts directly above yours? Same issue very likely.

southkogs

Staff member
... and we're in a 8 year old topic. Let's start a new one with your specific issue please.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.