What is the anchor rope "deck hole cover" called?

RandyJ

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: What is the anchor rope "deck hole cover" called?

same here.... first time I've heard that version replace fornication under carnal knowledge. Not too sure what that has to do with boats or rope or deck pipes and stuff.... maybe just stuff.

tallwill38

Cadet

yeah S.H.I.T. stands for Ship High In Transit in came from having to keep manure up out of the bilges way back in history because the salt water would cause it to break down and create methane gas and they had explosions due to it so all manure was labeled to ****=ShipHighInTransit:):facepalm:

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

yeah well so I spose we can kiss this thread goodbye

BTW:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****

Etymology: The word is likely derived from Old English, having the nouns scite (dung, attested only in place names) and scitte (diarrhoea), and the verb scītan (to defecate, attested only in bescītan, to cover with excrement); eventually it morphed into Middle English schītte (excrement), schyt (diarrhoea) and ****en (to defecate), and it is virtually certain that it was used in some form by preliterate Germanic tribes at the time of the Roman Empire. The word may be further traced to Proto-Germanic *skit-, and ultimately to Proto-Indo-European *skheid-. The word has several cognates in modern Germanic languages, such as German Schei?e, Dutch schijt, Swedish skit, Icelandic sk?tur, Norwegian skitt etc. Ancient Greek had 'skor' (gen. 'skatos' hence 'scato-'), from Proto-Indo-European *sker-, which is likely unrelated.[2]

False etymology: A popular belief is that the word **** originated as an acronym for "Ship High In Transit", referring to the apparent need to stow manure well above the water line when transporting it by ship. This has been shown to be a myth.[3][4]

Larry Glady

Seaman

thanx Smoke now i understand why mom always said Skitters when we had diarrhoea learn somethin every day

NetDoc

Chief Petty Officer

So, where can I go to buy 300ft of shore line? I certainly don't want to float away. Next, you'll be bringing up left handed smoke shifters and muffler bearings.