Anyone have experience with graphics?

90stingray

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Anyone have experience with graphics?

My stingray was missing the side logos... prolly scraped off at the docks. But anyways I had someone make me a tribal flame surrounding the original stingray logo. I think it makes her look a little newer. I would go for it! Mine wasn't a full hull graphic... but it shouldnt be too hard to apply. Just take your time.

mpdive

Chief Petty Officer

I lost my Y in STINGRAY so I stripped everything off and put new logos on and checkered flags on the back. Easy to do,

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

After prepping the hull, use a spray bottle with a couple of drops of dishsoap in it. Wet the hull and apply the graphics. The soap will allow the decal to be moved around into position, then squeegee out the water the the little yellow plastic applicator. Pretty simple to do and gives a nice updated look.

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

IMO, those graphics you link to look out dated, like the ones people used to put on their windshields in the 80's (not that I was one of them), except on a few boats like the Bajas. But if you like it, go for it.

Those prices in the link seem a bit absurd though. Check with local sign shops to see what they would charge for similar.

mpdive

Chief Petty Officer

Look on EBAY. Whatever brand of boat you have, there are OEM graphic sets being dumped by marine dealers. I have seen Sea Ray, Chris Craft, etc....Great prices too

sublauxation

Lieutenant

Those prices are nuts, you'll find more on ebay. for OEM style logos you can check out something like vinylapproach.com or probably any local vinyl shop.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

100_5942.jpg102_6448.jpg101_0240.jpgruthie.jpg101_0017.jpgThese decals were made at auto wrap shops. They cost 37 bucks apiece. The woman costs quite a bit more--LOL. Originals were taken off sites online and blown up by the decal maker. They are both by respected artists and the mermaid with the bird is hanging in a Polish fine art museum--title: Last Baltic Mermaid Catching Bird Flu-- I kid you not!

Take images with large number of pixels or KB so quality does not suffer with enlargement.

You can make your own graphics on your computer and give the file on a disc to the wrap shop -- or, they can work up what you want.. Although my decals are small--16 X 24 inches-- I'm certain your local print shop can do better on prices than those shown in your link.

metalwizard

Chief Petty Officer

I do Vinyl graphics for a living... if you can think it up....

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

That old Chrysler has a great rack...thanks for sharing!