1998 Bayliner Ciera 2252 Express Hardtop Cruiser - So many questions

Rodre

Recruit
Hello,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post so if I am breaking any traditions please take it easy on me. I just purchased my first boat, it is a 1998 Bayliner Ciera Express Hardtop Cruiser. From what I know I am the third owner. The boat is in great mostley orginal shape. I have some questions though and if any owners of this same boat are out there let me thank you in advance for any of my questions you can answer, thanks!:

1. I understand the boat came with an ice chest of some kind from the factory, does anyone have any pictures of this? Was it a Bayliner branded one or just a coleman white marine cooler?
  2. Where does the in-deck fish well drain? I see there is a hole on the inside of it on the starboard side but I stuck my finger inside it and felt what I think was the aluminium heat shield padding stuff they have lining the engine compartment. Does this fishwell drain into the bilge area or should there piping that goes to a thru-hull drain?
  3. in the 1998 model was there a padded bench seat on the engine cover? My looks like it is a step up to the transom but it has some button snaps on the front of it so that has me confused as to what should be there.
  4. what canvas tops came with this from the factory? Was it just the cruise curtain or did it also have a slant canvas that went from the back of the hardtop to the transom?
  5. what kind of stern light came with it? Mine has the hole for it in the transom but i didn't get the light. Is it a Bayliner manufactured one or a Perko one? Does anyone have a picture?
  6. There are two holes in the top of the transom, one on each side of the stern light receiver, that are angled. Are these from the factory? Are they fishing rod holders or are they part of the top or a ski tower of some kind?

These are my questions for now, I am sure I will have more later. Thanks again for any and all help!

~Rodre

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1998 Bayliner Ciera 2252 Express Hardtop Cruiser - So many questions

hi......welcome to i boats.

1. any kind that will fit

2. no idea....each boat is different

3. more than likely.....go to bayliners site and download the brochure.

4. slant canvas to the transom

5. a standard perko will work ...if not...they will have a base with your new perko. avalable here at i boats.

6. tough to say with out pics.

hope that helps you a little.....out here on the west coast...the forum is a little slo at night.....there will be more accurate answers tommorow morning.....if no answers...just bump the thread. and you will get lots

cheers
oops

Rodre

Recruit
Re: 1998 Bayliner Ciera 2252 Express Hardtop Cruiser - So many questions

hi......welcome to i boats.

1. any kind that will fit

2. no idea....each boat is different

3. more than likely.....go to bayliners site and download the brochure.

4. slant canvas to the transom

5. a standard perko will work ...if not...they will have a base with your new perko. avalable here at i boats.

6. tough to say with out pics.

hope that helps you a little.....out here on the west coast...the forum is a little slo at night.....there will be more accurate answers tommorow morning.....if no answers...just bump the thread. and you will get lots

cheers
oops

1. I was hoping to get an idea of what the one from the factory looked like - even just to satisfy my curiousity.

2. Yes, I realize this, but I was hoping someone with the same year/make could answer this question as to how theirs is setup.

3. i couldn't find any brochures on the Bayliner site, can someone supply a link?

4. Where would the slant canvas hook onto on the sides and transom? Mine has no snaps or twist locks along the sides or transom/stern, it only has the snaps and twist fasteners where the cruise curtain goes.

5. Looks like Bayliner still has stock on the stern lights, so iam just going to order one. Wouldn't mind seeing what an original one looks like for comparison. I just hope the one they send me fits the base.

6. I will try and take pics of what these holes look like. I was just wondering if they were factory or aftermarket. I think this will take someone with the same boat to answer. I am thinking they are either for a tow tower or for some kind of top as there is no way to lock a fishing rod in there so it wouldn't get dragged away by a fish or by trolling with heavy gear for that matter.

Any 1998 Bayliner Ciera 2252 Express Hardtop owners out there that can take a crack at some of my questions? Thanks!

~Rodre