tube tow rope (bungee style)

djvan

Chief Petty Officer
tube tow rope (bungee style)

Has anybody used these? I looked at them last year and passed on them. I am looking again, if they do what they say they do it seems like they could be fun.<br /><br />DougV>

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: tube tow rope (bungee style)

djvan <br /><br />I have one and they are a blast. They slingshot you at an unbelievable rate. I would advice against younger ones being towed with this, unless they have a fair amount of experience tubing, as it does get the tube going pretty fast and might scare the heck out of them. On a turn, if it does it's thing, the tube will actually pass up the boat pretty easy. It's a wild sight to see the tube going faster than you are....

djvan

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for the info, I may just have to try one, get my bro in law behind the boat and don't tell him it's a different style rope.<br /><br />DougV>

merc200

Seaman

We have one, but don't use it much. Yes, the spring action is fun, but the bunge section tends to drag in the water and constantly splashes the tuber in the face. Other than that, it's a blast!

204 Escape

Ensign

Whe have one, and we use it. We like it. Seems like once you get pressure on the rope, it helps to pick the tube up and get it on top of the water. (Just my opinion). Ours too drug in the water until we got the deck boat with the ring on the back. Our kids wear the wrap around style tinted safety glasses with cords around them, so they don't get water in their eyes, and the;y have protection from the sun. (They are cheap, because I work construction, and they hand them out for free).

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

Yep, it is my experience that the these ropes drag in the water. You will need a fairly high tow point.