Trim tab leaks

Eyeman

Seaman
Is this fixable? When I put the tabs in full down position and hold the momentary switches, oil runs out of both pistons. S3010012.jpg

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trim tab leaks

You can order replacement cylinders/pistons from Bennett. Totally fixable.

Eyeman

Seaman

From the website, it appears that I will need to purchase the "Actuator piston with O-ring, Part #A1109. How do I know mine are Bennett brand and the correct model?

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

you might also consider taking one apart..... should only take a couple minutes..... orings can often be had at a local hydraulic shop for pennies

QC

Supreme Mariner

Good catch ^^^^^^ I have a note into Bennett and I think they have conversion kits for Boat Leveler. Tabman is pretty good about responding.

Eyeman

Seaman

Yep. That big red bottle rings a bell, as I just spent the better part of a day with my head down in the hole. I'll wait to hear from Tab man. Thanks all.

Eyeman

Seaman

S3010014.jpg
Yep. That big red bottle rings a bell, as I just spent the better part of a day with my head down in the hole. I'll wait to hear from Tab man. Thanks all.
Here's an old, but better view.

Tabman

iboats.com Partner

Sorry for the delay in responding, this one got in under my radar.

Those are indeed Boat Leveler brant Trim Tabs, the company that makes them is Insta Trim. They are in Saint Louis, and their website is http://www.insta-trim.com Their phone number is 314-385-7470 or 800-386-7470.

They are a good company and nice folks. We do make a conversion kit but I would contact them and see what they have to say.

I hope this is helpful.

Eyeman

Seaman

Sorry for the delay in responding, this one got in under my radar.

Those are indeed Boat Leveler brant Trim Tabs, the company that makes them is Insta Trim. They are in Saint Louis, and their website is http://www.insta-trim.com Their phone number is 314-385-7470 or 800-386-7470.

They are a good company and nice folks. We do make a conversion kit but I would contact them and see what they have to say.

I hope this is helpful.

Delay, what delay? We so appreciate the help this forum and what the experts provide. I'll get in contact with the insta trim folks. Thanks.