2001 lowe 170 w/50johnson

slackeribew

Seaman Apprentice
Hi guys anybody know the value of above title, the boat is in very good condition, all it needs is a couple of new batteries. Also does it have wood floors? Any other thought would be appreciated. He's asking 5600.00 doesn't want to budge. thanks mike

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: 2001 lowe 170 w/50johnson

Can't tell you for sure whether it has wood floors, but it's most likely set up like a bass boat; decent sized casting deck up front, FCTM, small deck in back, probably carpeted bow to stern. You didn't ask specifically, but $5600 is at least a grand too much in my opinion, and I wouldn't pay more than $4k. Ten year old aluminum boat, smallish motor, and Lowe is an entry level brand. He'll budge big time before he sells it unless he finds a sucker. Not bad boats though. Hope I didn't give that impression. That one's just not worth that. Tight lines.:cool:

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

For that price you shouldn't have to put 2 new batteries in it!

... remember! If someone is selling a boat that needs just a little something... they're more than likely trying to hide something else!

If you're interested in the boat, tell him to put 2 new batteries in it and you want to start it cold (not preheated) and you want to take it for a water test.

Sorry, but I'm always suspicious when someone is trying to sell something that just needs this one little thing... if it was just the one little thing they would fix it and sell it faster and probably for more money.

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

I think you can buy a new Lowe similarly equiped for close to that!:eek:

5150abf

Vice Admiral

YA, for a 10 year old boat that is WAY high espacially since it isn't ready to go, it should be in top shape for that.

If he won't move then walk, there are other boats.

Yes it has a wood floor.

ovlo

Cadet

withount seeing the boat and just assuming its in good condition I would say thats a fair price.

look on tracker's web site a new 16 ft with a 50hp is 15k before tax title and prep fees. a new low 17 ft withount a motor or trailer will be over 5k