Bayliner Capri Engine height

devonboy

Cadet
When the boat is driving along on the plane, there is a large rooster tail out the back and the bathing platform is dragging in the water causing a lot of spray, would this mean the engine needs raising or lowering? the Cav Plate currently sits about 1/2 inch above the 'keel'

Any Advice?

Thanks
Sam

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bayliner Capri Engine height

Got any pics of your set-up? 1/2" above the keel sounds pretty good and I wouldn't think you'd be producing a tail at that height.

devonboy

Cadet

I will try and get a pic tonight

The boat doesnt sit as high in the water while on the plane as it feels it should do, it also doesnt reach the speeds i'm told it should, only about 35mph
judging by the way the bathing platform drags in the water, i would have thought the engine wants lowering by an inch, would that make the boat ride higher while on the plane and increase speed?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Are you sure you aren't carrying around a couple hundred pounds of wet foam?

What size boat and HP motor are we talking about?

devonboy

Cadet

the boat wasnt wet, and there were only 4 of us in.
19ft bow rider with a 150 v6 black max

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Engine height doesn't make a boat squat down in the stern. Engine trim will raise the bow and too much weight in the stern will make it squat. The rooster tail tells me that you would appear to be trimmed too far out. Try tucking the engine in a bit. Do you have a whale tail on it? If so, try removing it. Conversly, if you don't, try installing one.

Go over to the prop forum and ask for a stern lifting prop recommendation.

A Black Max 150 is a potent engine and should move that boat above 40 and possibly 45 MPH.