83 regal majestic 210

kshmeh

Recruit
I am very close to buying a 83 regal majestic 210 bowrider. I am a novice to boating this is a 21 ft boat with a 5.7 350 chevy mercruiser. What can I expect top speed to be loaded with people and without. Also how many gallon fuel tank. If anybody knows where to get an owners manual or any info that would be of help to me it would be greatly appreciated

The Famous Grouse

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 83 regal majestic 210

There's no way to say exactly what the top speed will be unless someone on here actually owns the exact same boat.

As a reasonable guesstimate, I'd say 40-45 with 2 people and fuel half full. Adjust from there depending on load and water conditions.

I'd estimate the fuel tank on that size of a boat will be around 30-40 gallons.

However. . .

Newbies tend to get very hung up on this question of top speed. In real use, you will very rarely wring it out at WOT for several reasons.

First, unless you have very smooth water with no wind, tide, or boat wakes, running around at WOT will knock the fillings right out of your teeth. And it can be dangerous to boot.

Second, a 21 foot boat ain't no Toyota Prius. At WOT, you'll actually be able to look down and see the fuel gage needle dropping toward "E" at an alarming pace that will cause your wallet to squeal in pain. Boats absolutely drink fuel at high speeds and that's why most of us are real fond of a setting called "best cruise".

Finally, WOT puts tremendous wear and strain on your engine. There's no coasting when it comes to boats. WOT will have you spinning your engine at 4500+ RPM and under huge load besides! When's the last time you drove your car around with the engine screaming for mercy like that? Probably never.

Bottom line is I wouldn't worry too much about top speeds and I certainly wouldn't make it a make/break decision point.

Grouse