Purecarnagge

Petty Officer 2nd Class
the cheapest one we've seen...

Year: 1987 Make: Celebrity Model: 190V
Motor: MerCruiser 260 Color: Burgundy Trailer: Shoreland'r
Mooring Cover, Convertible Top, AM/FM/CD,
Dual Batteries, Spare Prop

They want like 4300 for it?

Its worth like 3k probabally... its listed for consignment at www.coralvillelakemarina.com.

She goes its old and if its reliable that would be fine. Personally I think it looks really beat up, and kind of raggedy. :(

The previous bayliner I looked at... they basically didn't want to move off the price that much so I stopped contact with them.

So I'm going from 8500 boats to 3k boats :(

My wife is killing me...

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Of all the boats we have looked at my wifes like this one best

I believe lots of women-folks like pontoon boats because they're roomy for lounging, cooking, swimming, etc....maybe check one out!

Andy'sDelight

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't get a boat for your wife, get a boat to get away from your wife! :D

jmarty10

Chief Petty Officer

I have just the opposite problem, my wife wants want bigger bigger bigger (I guess all woman do?!?!) Bigger means, more gas, more powerful tow vehicle, more $ to store. The 18' with the 4.3 works well for me currently but the kids are growing like weeds.

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Coralville is high anyway.:(

Check out Grace Marine and Waukeens in the Quad Cities. Grace has a '92 Mariah 19' for $6000.00 and Waukeens has a '96 Crownline 18' for $7500.00.

Don't limit your search to just Iowa City. It is only an hour, if that, to the QC. Check the ads for the area as well. A lot of nice, well kept boats around.

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have just the opposite problem, my wife wants want bigger bigger bigger (I guess all woman do?!?!) Bigger means, more gas, more powerful tow vehicle, more $ to store. The 18' with the 4.3 works well for me currently but the kids are growing like weeds.

I'm not seeing your problem here????:D:p

My wife said bigger, faster, and an Avalanche to match.:cool: Who am I to argue with a woman;)

Shrike

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sounds like a keeper (your wife that is)

wingmastr23

Petty Officer 1st Class

Coralville is high anyway.:(

Check out Grace Marine and Waukeens in the Quad Cities. Grace has a '92 Mariah 19' for $6000.00 and Waukeens has a '96 Crownline 18' for $7500.00.

Don't limit your search to just Iowa City. It is only an hour, if that, to the QC. Check the ads for the area as well. A lot of nice, well kept boats around.

Know the guys personally at Grace Marine.....Good people. Carl Hoyt (owner) is a great guy.

Purecarnagge

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah I keep waiting for a used glastron or something with a nice sunpad on it to come through for 8k. :) Something not 3.0 :(

Those quad cities marina's look so much more affordable than Coralville Marina!

NHGuy

Captain

If it's raggedy don't buy it, you won't be able to look at it. She was probably shopping the price tag. But at least it has the big motor for a 19'! So you have a fair shot at going fast.
Don't buy any thing you don't really both agree on. I got my boat because I woke up one Sunday and told the wife I wanted a Harley, when she said get a boat instead I was all about it cause I love to get out on the water.
Anyway rambling over. Keep looking. Your ideal will just show up one day, for a reasonable price too. Don't buy it til you have run it.