67 shell lake

skipper2b

Cadet
just bought this old shell lake boat and would like to know if anyone could tell me the model,its a 15ft ,1967 model with a 90hp v4 2cycle i/o omc/johnson. she's in really good shape for the age,it will be a fun winter project. I saw a shell lake la sabre in a craigs list ad that looked similar but not exactly the same.thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSC01216.JPG
    DSC01216.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01214.jpg
    DSC01214.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC01211.JPG
    DSC01211.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 0

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 67 shell lake

That thing is going to be a parts NIGHTMARE. Hope you know what you're in for. Neat looking little boat but I can't imagine trying to maintain that beyond obsolete driveline.

cr2k

Captain

Looks like someone put the Stringer drive in later? Original drive?

skipper2b

Cadet

actually I just ordered a seal kit for the gear cases and it seems like parts arent going to be a problem, gears and bearings look good. I will say that it has crossed my mind to convert to a modern merc drive, my hobby has been building custom street rods for years so I cant help my self.

Lt.Daly

Recruit

I have a 1966 Caravelle which looks like yours its a four cylinder 4cycle OMC I/O 120 Hp Engine parts are relatively easy to obtain and out drive parts are availible. I suggest you search and get a Manuel for the power plant.Yours is probably a Calypso 15' 90 hp Omc I/O. It should be a four cycle chevy engine. Lt. Daly
just bought this old shell lake boat and would like to know if anyone could tell me the model,its a 15ft ,1967 model with a 90hp v4 2cycle i/o omc/johnson. she's in really good shape for the age,it will be a fun winter project. I saw a shell lake la sabre in a craigs list ad that looked similar but not exactly the same.thanks for looking.

dstroud1987

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Cant offer you much advise from me.. just thought i chime in to tell you thats one cool looking boat.. I love older boats from that time.

I almost bought one like that recently as a project but decided not to because of that bad things I've heard on here about the driveline and not being able to get parts for it.

anyways, I wish you good luck and hope to here that you get everything you need to get her out on the water.