ALERT Sportsstuff bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky461

Cadet
Just an FYI sportsstuff is bankrupt and another company bought all their inventory. They will not honor the warranties on the products. We bought a tube off ebay on 4-20-10, it popped a seam and couldn't patch it. We called sportsstuff for a replacement when we were told about them and the bankruptcy. We are lucky the seller on ebay is going to refund us and take it back as they do not have that tube anymore. Be careful when purchasing a sportsstuff product.

akazanar

Cadet
Re: ALERT Sportsstuff bankruptcy

That blows (no pun intended). Hope our Big Mable we just bought doesn't have any problems! It sure is fun!

Moody Blue

Captain

They have filed for chapter 11 at least a couple other times as well. Once in 2007 and again in 2009.

Their website is still up and running so maybe they are hanging in there still.

sull10723

Recruit

I called today about a raplacement tube because mine is leaking. The guy on the phone said "Kwik Time", not sure if that is how the name is spelled, has taken over warranty issues. He said the tube will have a KT stamp on it. He said to take a photo of it and e-mail to cutomer service at sportsstuff.com. My tube does not have a stamp. Does anyone else have a stamp that they could e-mail to me so I can get my tube replaced? Thanks Mike

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

uhm,... bordering on fraud there.....yikes

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to iboats.

An adult oriented forum that prides itself on customer service and honesty.

I doubt ANY member would violate his or her integrity to help anyone cheat.

This thread is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.