What is the best product to protect the Vinyl seats on my boat???

jan9898

Cadet
Hey all,

recently paid a large sum of money to have all the vinyl replaced with new. They look amazing, I went with a Brite White Vinyl which may have been a mistake.

Even just unloading the freshly upholstered seats left dirty fingerprints. When wipping them down it almost looks like you can see stains like the dirt was absorbed into the pores of the Vinyl.

I'm looking for the best way to proect my investment.

Any reccomendations for the best products to protect the new Vinyl is greatly appreciated!!

ziggy

Admiral
Re: What is the best product to protect the Vinyl seats on my boat???

the 303 is what i use too. no idea if it'll keep dirty finger prints off very white vinyl. works great on my lime green vinyl though.. keeps it nice and pliable anyways... no particular dirt stains that are left after use. but i've not had any to remove either as far as dark stains on the vinyl goes though.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

The sun can do alot of damage, make sure you cover them up when not in use.

AZBoatDreamer

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Do any of you use Armor All on your Upholstery?

koko1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I use the turtle wax Icy vinyl and leather cleaner and conditioner.. It is made for cars but leaves no sticky substance and if there is a stain from dirt water or anything that gets on the seats it whips off with a damp cloth...

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Clorox Clean-Up works wonders on white vinyl. It actually got out soaked in diesel fuel from a white vinyl cushion.

scorpionfs

Seaman

may wana invest in some seat covers.yea i know doesnt look as good as the seats but will protect lol.ive used both clorox and comet to clean vinyl,but may not be good on protecting.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Don't use anything with bleach on your vinyl if you don't want the threads to disintegrate early.